Is there such a thing as too much black hole five?

2»

Answers

• analogluvr
    analogluvr Posts: 72
    With mine it just peeled off. It didn't really remove any of the particleboard except for a few Dusty fibres which makes it not really sticky again
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    I was not able to peel mine away from the board. It separated and left the BH5 base material. :#
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The adhesive on it is extremely strong. I wonder since analogluvr was able to remove his so easily if that had something to do with his results as it needs to be bonded solidly to the foundation to work properly.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kevinko
    kevinko Posts: 165
    Is there any prep recommended or needed before installing?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Not that I'm aware of. The trick is you have press it on hard, you just can't slap it on.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    ^^^^ This and wipe any dust off with a damp rag before application.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • kevinko
    kevinko Posts: 165
    You could dab the area with a little masking or packing tape to pull off any loose fibers.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    after a year trial I have now removed the 3" wide strips from the sides of the sda srs and put the size recommended by Dark Knight ...much better !
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2017
    You guys will get a laugh at my very obvious mistake. I bought some BH-5 from a C/L and he had many scraps all over the place plus the intact sheet I bought for $12. He did mention that there was no stickum on the loose pieces which were the 3"" wide albeit to long. I said I have Liquid Nails and that stuff sticks to anything thing. Well there was a question posed over on AK and sure enough Jesse noticed my mistake. I put the dark side down w/ the LNs then moved on to the other cabinet and saw my miss doings ,scrapped the beat cabinet clean and then used the new sheet and placed it the correct way. Jesse must of been laughing for hours at my expense. Here's what not to doubct43o6cx9q.jpg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    And this is why we have deja vu, folks. :o
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    I have a piece of this and was considering using it inside my Cornscalas. Where would be the best place to place it?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Over your ears to squelch the laser bright highs...... :DB)

Kidding. No clue at all, Travis....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Usually its behind the drivers. Is the mid and tweeter both horn driven? I do not know about putting it behind an active bass driver in SDA's and passive radiators we do not put anything down behind that.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Usually its behind the drivers. Is the mid and tweeter both horn driven? I do not know about putting it behind an active bass driver in SDA's and passive radiators we do not put anything down behind that.

Yep, horn mids and tweets. There is not any kind of dampening materials inside the cabinet at all
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Over your ears to squelch the laser bright highs...... :DB)

Kidding. No clue at all, Travis....

^^^ oooo! Not a bad idea! I've been using feather pillows!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus