WTH? The only laptops with 2 gig plus HDD's are gaming machines?

Seems that GPU is most of the cost, and hell no I don't play games!

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    and hell no I don't play games!

You say that like it's a bad thing. The video game industry makes more money than the film industry. By a lot. Support 'Murica. B)
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited May 2017
    no wonder I'm bored to pieces

Murica.
  • Nightfall
    no wonder I'm bored to pieces

I like going fishing when I'm bored.

• afterburnt
    Aint been no good fishin in this country since 1969!
  • afterburnt
    I am gonna get another Auralic Aries Mini and buy a carp laptop and still have some money left over.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    Why not just buy your own preferred HD, Bruce? Don't shop for a notebook, bound by the HD size.

You can pickup a quick disk cloning tool. Apricorn makes a little software utility for disk cloning that they bundle with a little USB SATA adapter cable; $20 or something like that. There are a few others too. Acronis is the one I use, but Apricorn is easier.

All you need is a hammer, chisel, and some Gorilla Glue, and you're golden.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    It is sort of a stop-gap solution. I carry a lot of my music on my laptop when I am away from home (at my other house) but all of my music will not fit on my current pc. I wanted a less expensive pc to leave at the other place and not have to mess with it. I have tried and external drive and it seems to degrade the sound (as if the laptop wasn't bad enough). Anyway having it all on a laptop kills lots of birds with one stone.
  • Nightfall
    You can hear a difference between an internal 2.5" hard drive and an external 2.5" hard drive?

• afterburnt
    Nightfall wrote: »
    You can hear a difference between an internal 2.5" hard drive and an external 2.5" hard drive?

Yes I do when it is hooked up to the PC, maybe it's the crappy cable or maybe the cheap hard drive that lives in my backpack?. Playing from the PC to the P5 vs a portable HDD directly to my Oppo the difference is disgusting. At any rate, I don't want to haul and hook up stuff every trip that I make for the next 3 years. I want to grab my wallet, get in the car and push a button when I get there.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    I'm not talking about using an external. I'm talking about buying a 2.5" disk to replace the internal one that may come with a lower end notebook that may be a better fit for your needs. The idea would be to clone the existing hard drive onto the newer larger one, amd it goes back inside the computer. Not a USB external.

Or just custom order one from somewhere the way you want it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    This Toshiba is about as easy to open as an Apple. Who shoullld I order from other than Dell?