ol PTrooper sent me some pics of his 2.3 ...what the...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,965
edited September 2016 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Looks like an Abbot possessed it!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• VR3
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    I don't know if the pictures are showing up... Posting fail
  • No they're not.
    I was promised pics, but didn't receive any pics.
    I think I should receive some sort of compensation to alleviate the trauma I've been subjected to.

TRANSLATION: Looking forward to your pics, keep trying. Thanks ! :)

Sal Palooza
  • VR3
    edited September 2016
    I don't think I'm going to post pics, this is a pic boycott :P
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    Oh my, technology has passed young Trey by.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks again Trey , I also installed Larry's rings to the 2.3's and SDA SRS whilst waiting for the x overs in the post!
    They are settling in nicely and the smile gets bigger every day since listening begun <3
    Larry's rings to the big SDA SRS have just put them into completely different league!!!!! Not forgetting the SRS have the ABBOT build within them !!!!
    3dpywv8izpnp.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Insanity in it's most pure of forms.....and I like it.
  • VR3
    That abbot SRS build was one of the hardest builds I've done except for the legacy build, that legacy build with the center mounted boards had me cussing lol
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Where is the massive 10awg Stolen SDA inductor mounted, or was that not part of the upgrade package?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • VR3
    I don't normally do the massive Solen inductor as the C-Coil has the same (or less resistance) and is fractions of the size. The C-coil in my opinion would be comparable to the Solen inductor. esm3zwy8ibo4.jpg

In this particular one, the C-Coil was not available so I kept the 14 awg perfect lay in the mix.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    VR3 wrote: »
    8hg8pigkchh9.jpg
    ay9gytjai1h5.jpg
    zxirn8260qo9.jpg
    eh the new website just dosnt work well on my phone
    VR3 wrote: »
    8hg8pigkchh9.jpg
    ay9gytjai1h5.jpg
    zxirn8260qo9.jpg
    eh the new website just dosnt work well on my phone

C-coils installed. Larry's rings to PR cut down and supra quadrax SDA cable in
  • ptrooper
    edited March 2017
    d7mwtc6ls3ru.jpg
    Now to burn it in the c-coil
  • VR3
    Looking good!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Your sound, based upon my own crossover upgrade on my Tyler's, will keep on improving over the next couple of months. I'm on month 4 now and it just gets cleaner and cleaner. More powerful impact and texture. Precision, impact and finesse are the three key things you should notice will improve from today. You have nothing to expect but better sound. Congrat's.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    I like the money shot with the lights beaming down on the monoliths.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    600 hours later. Sold the Yammie z11 and put these bad boys in the system which i must say really opened it up
    zu5aof6n4wiv.jpg
    7ulqv4uzjpll.jpg
  • VR3
    nice!
  • ptrooper
    I also changed the amber coloured plex to blue so as to tone down the brightnes a little
    mjigvsuvc0ho.jpg
  • VR3
    Blue lights are the best :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    OMG! CARVER DOWN UNDER! I FRIGGIN LOVE IT!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ptrooper
    It sure is nice having another enthusiast come around to have a little listen to the 2.3's and become absolutely dropped jaw commenting about the depth to the sound stage , imaging and resolution saying he prefers these to the 6 month old 2nd hand pair of Focals now selling for $60 000 aussie at one of our local hifi shops.
    PS. some people don't believe in cables!I had the transparent reference mm2 interconnects and wusicwaves installed:p
    Well done Trey@Vr3mods
  • treitz3
    Money means nothing in this hobby. Absolutely nothing. It's what you DO with your choices, guided by your ear, that make up for what one would normally spend for...

...a system that could or could not be...

You choose wisely.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Absolutely amazing great job you guys. 2.3's possessed enjoy.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ptrooper
    Well, i could be saying good bye to these babies very very soon . Sonos analogue disconected and a an old yammie bda1000 cd /sacd player with Mit avt1 cables through out for the evening to show a potential new owners their capabillities. All smiles in a room thats a little reflective but we'lll know soon. To be comtinued. They'll only be around 4 minutes drive away so i can visit them
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    be careful, Very careful as regret is hard to live with ;) You may never see a pair like these again.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    ptrooper wrote: »
    Well, i could be saying good bye to these babies very very soon . Sonos analogue disconected and a an old yammie bda1000 cd /sacd player with Mit avt1 cables through out for the evening to show a potential new owners their capabillities. All smiles in a room thats a little reflective but we'lll know soon. To be comtinued. They'll only be around 4 minutes drive away so i can visit them

Why? All that work only to let them go?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• treitz3
    That's what I was thinking. Everything okay at the homestead Mr. Trooper?

Tom
  • ptrooper
    All good Thanks Fellas ,The 2,3's were originally built to use as rears in my theatre room then lo and behold another set of SDA SRS came along which were as the story goes, won by a contestant in 1987 on "SALE OF THE CENTURY" ,so i snapped them up and had had Trey bomb them out to the monastery Abbot standard like my mains so don't forget i have 2 sets of SDA SRS Monastery abbots in the theatre and believe me they captivate all He who enter!. God help me if i see a set of 1.2's..seriously i have a problem.hehehe
    Polk SDA's are a very very rare bread here down under as they became extremely expensive due to import freight costs and not forgetting the notorious Tax man! We all love him..not.
    I promise to have something else built like a set of SDA CRS+ .... Larry has set a really nice standard with them.
    Everything is AOK ,If not i'll get buried in one of them lol
    cheers
    Sean