RTi100 or RT1000i?

Options
mjk91383
mjk91383 Posts: 298
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I'm trying to decide between the RTi100 and the RT1000i for mains in my home theater. Circuit City has both in stock; $700 for a pair of 1000i's and $1000 for a pair of RTi100's.

Checking the specs on the Polk website, it shows that the newer model (RTi100) goes a whopping 10 Hz lower than its predecessor. Does anybody know if that's true or not? If it is, I'll pay the extra cash for the RTi100's and not worry about adding a subwoofer. If I get the 1000i's, I'd probably be craving more bass than 36 Hz.

My current setup in the front is just a pair of 35i's and a PSW350. The 350 really isn't enough bass for my area (38 Hz), so I'd like to find something that could go lower than that.

I'm assuming that there would be an enormous difference between 36 Hz and 26 Hz, right? Any insight you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

joe :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    for the system you own now , save the cash and get the rt1000i's.Sell your psw350 or trade it if you can and get the psw450.
    If you buy the new rti100's, you should get the rest of the rti system.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited April 2002
    Options
    What are you using for a center and rear speakers?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2002
    Options
    sorry -wrong thread
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I find it extremely hard to believe that the RTi100 hits 26Hz. at only 3dB down.....36Hz. is much more within the realm of believability.

Aaron