Grateful Dead May 1977 Get Shown The Light 11CD Box Set

nspindel
nspindel Posts: 5,343
edited May 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Legendary Spring '77 shows finally officially released by the Dead. 5/5 in New Haven, 5/7 in Boston, 5/8 in Cornell, and 5/9 in Buffalo. Played once, $25 off the dead.net price, plus free shipping and no tax. Shipped media mail, PayPal as friend. Give me a shout if you're interested. And if you really want a photo....
Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Calling F1nut......is there a Jesse in the house?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2017
    Is this the All Music Edition or the numbered limited edition? I am interested if it is the numbered limited edition.
  • nspindel
    It is the All Music, sorry should have clarified. Looks like the numbered ones are going for big bucks on the bay. The music sounds the same, promise.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2017
    nspindel wrote: »
    It is the All Music, sorry should have clarified. Looks like the numbered ones are going for big bucks on the bay. The music sounds the same, promise.

Thanks, Neil. I have the numbered limited edition myself but have a friend who is looking for a copy of the limited edition. The numbered limited edition sold out in just a few days and Rhino/GDM then decided to do an All Music Edition because the demand was so great (similar to what they did with the Europe '72 box set years ago). Someone should grab this asap! This is a must have for deadheads and for any music lovers. These 4 shows are legendary. The sources of this release are from the original Betty Boards (Betty Cantor-Jackson, the Dead's legendary sound engineer in the 60s and 70s) which were only recently returned to the Dead's vaults. The remastered hdcd sound on this release is truly amazing! I spent the weekend listening to the first 3 shows and was blown away. I have heard these shows before, of course, but they never sounded this good. Someone needs to jump on this. It's a great deal...and I can vouch that Neil is a great guy to do business with.
  • nspindel
    Sorry, factorz pointed out that I didn't include the price! $115 shipped.
  • nspindel
    Deal pending.
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    Consider these sold. Looking forward to exploring some of these.
  • nspindel
    Correct! Apologies, I never got back online last night. These are indeed sold to Chris, check your PM in a minute and you'll have the tracking number.

Enjoy the music, some of the greatest Dead shows of all time. I bought the Cornell vinyl.
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    Yeah I have been streaming the Cornell on Spotify. What a great show and the perfect thing for someone new to their music.
  • nspindel
    Oh you're just starting down the Dead path? Can't believe how lucky you are to be starting out with an official release of these shows. I've been listening to the bootlegs for 30 years!
  • Grateful Dead July 78 box set is on its way to me! Hope you enjoy your new tunes!
    Anthem MRX 510
    XBOX 360
    WD Live Media Streamer
    Totem Model 1 Signature L/R/C
    Totem Rainmaker surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD

Go Dolphins!
    B)