It's Krazy Karma time

124»

Comments

• miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    In with 26 for BDA-2, amazing karma.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    Very Nice!
    I choose 111 for the BDP-1.

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • billbillw
    I choose 112 for the BDA-1
  • billbillw
    I choose 109 for the BDA-2.

Again, very generous giveaway. Thanks for thinking of us.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    OK, this is an unbelievably generous Karma! ALL I can say if WOW! What a way to help elevate the audio journey of others. I got my first good listen of Bryston electronics and speakers last year and was really impressed.

Anyway, just for clarity...I think I know the answer but. Will the drawing reset for each item? Meaning, a number (#2 for example) can be generated three times because the range will reset for each item?

This:

Pick between 0-299 for BDP-1, BDA-1, BDA-2 (Its not possible to generate the same number for each item)

OR this:

Pick between 0-299 for BDP-1
    >reset
    Pick between 0-299 for BDA-1
    >reset
    Pick between 0-299 for BDA-2
    (It is possible to generate the same number for each item)
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    No fair asking questions. >:)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Unbelievable generous is correct.

#4 BDP-1
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    #4 BDA-1
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • PSOVLSK
    #4 BDA-2

Thanks again.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    WLDock wrote: »
    OK, this is an unbelievably generous Karma! ALL I can say if WOW! What a way to help elevate the audio journey of others. I got my first good listen of Bryston electronics and speakers last year and was really impressed.

Anyway, just for clarity...I think I know the answer but. Will the drawing reset for each item? Meaning, a number (#2 for example) can be generated three times because the range will reset for each item?

This:

Pick between 0-299 for BDP-1, BDA-1, BDA-2 (Its not possible to generate the same number for each item)

OR this:

Pick between 0-299 for BDP-1
    >reset
    Pick between 0-299 for BDA-1
    >reset
    Pick between 0-299 for BDA-2
    (It is possible to generate the same number for each item)

Three separate drawings; one for each item. So, the same number can win all three.

As mentioned, if no one gets the exact number then I will redo the Karma, but reduce the available numbers to better the odds of the number being picked. This is like the Lotto, being close doesn't count. you have to pick the correct number. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • WLDock
    edited April 2017
    #15 - BDP-1

Mind!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    edited April 2017
    #51 - BDA-1

Blowing!
  • WLDock
    edited April 2017
    #201 - BDA-2

Karma!

Thanks BlueFox! Glad to have the chance.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Incredibly awesome Karma, Bud!

IN with 137 for the BDP-1.
  • teekay0007
    IN with 259 for BDA-1.
  • teekay0007
    IN with 28 for the BDA-2.

Thanks for the opportunity on these three great pieces, Bud! Very kind of you.
  • BlueFox
    Krazy Karma is Klosed.

Based on random numbers from https://www.random.org/ we have these winners.

BDP-1. 68

w7d979sjplgb.png

BDA-1. 241

b2l9cvidqtg4.png

BDA-2. 156

d112sat28514.png

Now I need to go through all the entries and see if anyone got lucky. If there are no winners for any item then we will redo the drawing next Friday. However, I will count the number of people in today's Karma, and only allow a number range between 0 and X-1.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Only people in this Karma can participate in any future Karma for these items. That sounds fair to me.

As usual, I will allow myself 24 hours to tweak the rules for the next Karma, if we need one.

Giving away stuff is a lot of work. Thank goodness it is Friday since I can drink beer while doing this. :)

Good luck.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Yay! Winner winner! Not! LOL. Gotta do it again Bud...not winners. Some close, some with right number but wrong device...but no exact matches.

Still an awesome Karma man. I don't envy you having to do it again. Hehe.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    edited April 2017
    Okay. I did not see any entries for 68 for the BDP-1.
    Nor did I see 241 for the BDA-1
    No 156 for the BDA-2

Ryan is right. Congratulations. :)

Trying to do this on the iPad is too difficult, so tomorrow I will use the computer to cut and paste and create a list of all entries, and set the number range to that. I will PM everyone to insure they know they need to repick.

Also, this time there will be one post with all three entries. That was a stupid idea of separate posts. Moron. LOL

Finally, there were a couple of invalid entries with something like 'in with X'. I will let them know they need to do it right to win.

Now, back to the Friday brewskis. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • teekay0007
    edited April 2017
    BlueFox wrote: »
    ...tomorrow I will use the computer to cut and paste and create a list of all entries, and set the number range to that. I will PM everyone to insure they know they need to repick.

Sounds like a lot of work, Bud. By the time this is done, you'll likely wish - if you haven't already - that you hadn't even started it.

May I suggest just rolling the (300-sided) die again until you hit on a number that was chosen, for each of the three items, in succession?

• trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    I missed the original entry. I was holding off til closer to the 28th and didn't know the date had changed. If we missed the initial entry can we still enter for the 2nd round?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    trav0810 wrote: »
    I missed the original entry. I was holding off til closer to the 28th and didn't know the date had changed. If we missed the initial entry can we still enter for the 2nd round?

One of the revised rules was if you didn't enter the first drawing you weren't allowed to enter the second. It was just a couple posts up from here.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2017
    quickr1 wrote: »
    trav0810 wrote: »

One of the revised rules was if you didn't enter the first drawing you weren't allowed to enter the second. It was just a couple posts up from here.

Ahhh...Ok. I wish I had noticed that the drawing time changed to the 21st. I thought I had till the 28th to get in. Bummer
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,925
    better late than never?

r2vledc0l1m9.jpg

:)

A heartfelt thank you to Bluefox for this very cool addition to the fold via Karma!

It's installed & in use and working fine (not that I've done any more than use it for CDs).

Howzabout youse other guyses?