The best Speaker enhancement ever what a difference these make!

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited April 2017 in Speakers
Well I have been reading about speaker enhancements over at that Snake Oil Audio site that keep trying to convert us over, and they proved me wrong. These here pair of Alabaster slabs placed on what appears to be an envelope of volcanic ash clear up the harshness that can sometime emit itself on the A9's tweeters. It now appears that the velvety liquid sounds I hear from the midrange section, along with the toned down goodness and improved soundstage of the tweeters in the upper range area has vastly improved my listening sessions while playing music on the HT rig.

The best part is that these Alabaster Slabs are carved into a shape of what appears to be some sort of Tiki God or something from ancient times. I find it hard to believe that at the low price of $100 a pair shipped to include the pads of volcanic ash, the results were that noticeable. Check it out for yourself everyone, oh and the cable and enhancements naysayer crowd need not comment until you have tried it. I will get a couple more listening hours in and report back. Who said a $100 dollar bill wont enhance anything as far as sound improvements go. A picture of the goodness of the Alabaster Stone enhancers from your friends over at Snake Oil Audio.

Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• gudnoyez
    edited April 2017
    vbtinhgxvbhj.jpg

In all my excitement I forgot to post the picture, now back to the tunes!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    Naysayers need not comment.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    You worship false God.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    wtf are you guys on?
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    The Alabaster slabs don't produce sound they enhance sound as stated naysayers need not post.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Subharmonic diamagnetic molecular resonances, no doubt.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Do they have a jeweled eye upgrade available? Something in a soft blue would probably help the depth f presentation a little more.
  • gudnoyez
    edited April 2017
    Rick88 wrote: »
    When I saw this thread I knew it would go south in a hurry...

Tell me about it all I wanted to do is present my experience and it seems that the same old thread crapper comes to ruin it. So due to humiliation thanks to the same non believer the Alabaster slabs now don't just enhance my sound they are doing there intended purpose to display my SACD's with a John Hiatt Tiki Bar Theme. Im just reelin em in just reelin em in. Now since I caught one on the first cast let me introduce my E-bay find to enhance my Tiki Bar themed SACD storage area. The fish are biting :p

0a09mdwprxu8.jpg

Amazing the stuff you find on Ebay perfect match for the autographed John Hiatt concert poster.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    They look a lot like the "good luck charm" from the Brady Bunch that Greg wore during the surfing competition in Hawaii. His talent was certainly enhanced that day.

Who knew they could also enhance speaker sound? Quite versatile and incredible powers those things have!

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited April 2017
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    The Alabaster slabs don't produce sound they enhance sound as stated ni-sayers need not post.
    dz01guxa5ak7.jpg
    uacbiqhu6a5h.png

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    edited April 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I use these, albeit 100% Tiki-free.
    Srsly.

http://www.madscientist-audio.com/blackdiscus.html

Thats funny there is a audio dealer in town that sells Mad Scientist products check out some of thier cables.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    7bay4pfizchq.jpg

Reese peanut butter cups?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Not nearly as tasty -- but, this being said, I've never tried PB Cups on hifi cables.
  • arekon
    arekon Posts: 77
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    7bay4pfizchq.jpg

Reese peanut butter cups?

good balanced connections
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    I feel like if I stare at them long enough my wife will get pregnant.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I feel like if I stare at them long enough my wife will get pregnant.

:o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited April 2017

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    One of their explanations lol

The Doctor Explanation : BlackDiscus use a simplified form of the technology employed by the time lords which we call "Relative Dimension in Space" RDIS, which means that they are considerably bigger inside than out. Not only bigger, but heavier as well, as they are filled with lead. This means that they make excellent mass-dampers, even though they only weigh a few grams. Also note that the lead has been pushed back in time/to another dimension, so this means that BlackDiscus are fully RoHS compliant.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited April 2017
    Puff puff pass dude puff puff pass.....
    Cheese burger is that you?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    63$ and two wads of bellybutton lint. Seller pays shipping.
  • txcoastal1
    I have 2 antique Asian carved alabaster lamps in my listening room, call me nuts but they do make a difference
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I use these, albeit 100% Tiki-free.
    Srsly.

http://www.madscientist-audio.com/blackdiscus.html

Thats funny there is a audio dealer in town that sells Mad Scientist products check out some of thier cables.

Black discs matter

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I have 2 antique Asian carved alabaster lamps in my listening room, call me nuts but they do make a difference

But the placement of said lamps is crucial to maximize mid range impact. I know for a FACT that they sound exquisite when place 45 degrees forward of the planar orientation of any tweeter.
    You rubes will never understand my superior audio intelligence.
    Egg shaped marble nuggets will also make your IC resist bloated low end.
  • txcoastal1
    ^^^^
    Speaking of bloated bass, that's what they fixed, also sibilance

• gudnoyez
    lightman1 wrote: »

Russ that's all your offering on these authentic Alabaster speaker enhancers or are you making an offer on Mikey's black discus resses enhancers?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• txcoastal1
    lightman1 wrote: »

Russ that's all your offering on these authentic Alabaster speaker enhancers or are you making an offer on Mikey's black discus resses enhancers?

Surprised he didn't offer his rectal thermometer :#