Adding 11t to the stable.

I just won a nice pair of black 11t's on the bay. Picking them up from Palm Bay FL on Saturday. I think i got a good deal. $100 and 25 min drive.

They will be used to replace my Paradigm Monitor 7 v2. In the living room. Im going to part the Paradigms out.

Now i have RM7500 sat system, RTA 11t, SDA SRS 2 and my fav the RTA 12b.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Nice! I'd suggest keeping your eyes out for replacement passives. Not because they go bad often if ever, but since unlike the main drivers and tweeters, which they share with SDA's and are still able to be purchased through polk, they are not.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Great deal! We thought we got a good deal on our's, but you beat us even!

These along with the 5jr+, may be our favorite older era Polks!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Man, I almost fell of my chair. I thought you snagged Aerial 11t's for 100 bucks.....now that would be downright theft. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I got a pair of 11TL gifted for free but they were damaged on almost every active driver and missing tweeters. Ended up getting replacement tweeters, replacement drivers and sealed the seems inside. They now take front LR duties in my HT system, I think I spent around $150 getting them back up and running which some say isn't worth it but the experience alone was worth it.

Good luck with the new speaks!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Nice. Excellent speakers.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    When moving them in the SUV should i lay them flat on thier back? I was kind of worried cause they are deep and may fall over in a corner. But if i lay them on the side it risk shifting the magnets right?

• CH46E
    edited April 2017
    Ill take some throw pillows to place between them.

This Toyota Highlander is tamable! Lol. Believe it or not this thing does 0-60 in 6 seconds flat.
  • CH46E
    Got them home just fine. They are near mint condition. Sound is a little bright. Bass is ok but lacks mid bass punch. Of course ive only hooked them up in the living room on a older Pioneer D912K and in a large room to boot.

Overall i like them. Can't complain about them when i only paid $100.00
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    At $100, you can easily afford upgrading the tweeters to RDO-194 (assuming these are not TL). And eliminating the tweet protection.
    Also, upgrading the crossovers go a long way with punch. I had 11T for a long time, fully torn down, and about completely refurbished. It was worth the work.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • CH46E
    They are third on the list for upgrades. 12b first then srs 2 then the 11t.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    CH46E wrote: »
    Got them home just fine. They are near mint condition. Sound is a little bright. Bass is ok but lacks mid bass punch. Of course ive only hooked them up in the living room on a older Pioneer D912K and in a large room to boot.

Overall i like them. Can't complain about them when i only paid $100.00

Good deal. I think that is simply the nature of the 11's. The bass is fairly neutral and extends fairly deep, but it is never boomy or overpowering.

We have some JBL's that are the opposite, sound great on rock and have a lot of mid bass punch and loudness, but do not go very deep.
  • CH46E
    Before i tore down the Paradigm monitor 7 v2 for a part out i did side by side comp.

The RT11t has a bigger soundstage. Piano and vocals are better. Not sure how else to describe them other than forward and more in the face than the Paradigms.

The Paradigms have more impact in the mid low. They also bested the Polks in imaging. The Paradigms had a nak for placing vocals dead center. They always did.
  • try1256
    try1256 Posts: 26
    I just bought a pair of SDA 2b's from a guy in Palm Bay. Must be Polk country.
  • CH46E
    Ha, lol. Ibgot my RTA12b in Palm Bay, abd the SRS 2 just north of there in Cocoa.
  • try1256
    try1256 Posts: 26
    I need to keep an eye on Spacecoast CL. Lol