OK...Denon/Polk together

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I would like to hear from all you guy's who Use Denon and Polk together.What receiver you have, what made you buy it over other's on the market.What do you love the most about it???
I love my Denon with my Polk's, It mate's very well,It's in the same calss as my Polk's.It has more than enough power to fill my current room.It can do 7.1 and has an 8 channel input.It work's equal for music and movies.I also use the multiroom, I have a pair of rt35i's in my bedroom that I use alot.
Great reciever..............avr3801.
Dan
It also makes a good preamp for my B&K st140 amp for 2 channel music listening.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited April 2002
    Options
    HI:

I have the Denon 4802 and couldn't be more pleased with it. Very clean from top to bottom. I also have a B&K 200W x 3 that I use for the front channel.

Fronts==two RT2000s and two RT600s wired in parallel, what a sound at 340W a channel from the B&K.
    Center==CS400i
    Rear==FX300i
    Sub==Infinity BU2

Gary:p
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Ice system Gary, I bet you have the ref3220, right?
    The 4802 is such a nice receiver.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • sgtgto
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Hi:

No, I have the TX4430 THX.

Gary
  • ted538
    ted538 Posts: 63
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I just set up my Denon 1802 receiver with the 800i's cs400i center and 35i surrounds..also 450 sub...it sounds great..hooked up the denon 1600 dvd player also...awesome picture..can`t wait to get an hdtv hooked up to it..was thinking 50" widescreen...what do you think of this set up guys?
  • sgtgto
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Hi:

Sounds pretty good.

Gary
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I have a Denon 1801. Currently, it is hooked up to a Carver m0.5t powering the center channel (CS400i) and a Carver m1.5t powering the fronts (Dahlquist DQ-10's) and the rears are R10's. I like the sound of the Denon, sans amps, clean with just a little bit of warmth. The 70wpc is enough to drive the Polks to satisfying levels. I bought it because I liked the sound of the Denon's over anything else.

Having said that, I also enjoy the warmer sound of my Marantz receiver (2215) through the Polks, the Marantz has a warmer sound then the Denon but not displeasing in any way.

In the next month or so, the Dahls and the m1.5t are going in to the man cave 2ch rig....when that happens, the m0.5t will power the RT7 fronts and the center will be hooked back up to the center, until I pick up another amp.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut