Stuck on "Clean" language?

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I'm not stuck on this language thing and don't really care what is written. In the past we have had a few really young contributers who were "allowed" by their parents to read and post on this forum. The posts on the site you could read today would surely eliminate this from happening in the future.
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I will eliminate profane language from my posts

Sorry and thanks for the reminder
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I've also noticed the increase in unclean language. I certainly can't say I haven't contributed, but I try to keep it down most of the time. I agree with your suggestion, Max.

Aaron
  • TheGrayGhost
    TheGrayGhost Posts: 196
    edited April 2002
    Options
    If Matt Polk actually read this forum he would wash Micah’s mouth out with soap.
    Best Regards, Cliff
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I must admit I posted a reply the other night on that tread which had obcene language and as you can read on that thread I editited my reply within minute after remembering there are some KIDS on this forum and I felt somwhat ashamed of myself there after....Regards Fabian
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    See? We're good guys. I know we are. We just get carried away sometimes. I really appreciate you guys self-policing. We'll get a lot more done, share a lot more good information, and have a lot more fun when we act like this.

Thanks!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Micah, you are one to talk, aren't you the one that made F*** Thread? J/K :)

For whatever it is worth now, I will also cut down on profanity. I would surely never use that kind of language in the Technical Forum, they would never take you serious, so I guess I won't use it here either.

I just recently started posting here, and found the environment very relaxed, so I figured that cussing was the norm. Sorry.

Micah you should make a cussing script. Whenever someone cusses, you have to highlight it with your mouse to see it. Kind of like a spoiler script.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited April 2002
    Options
    ok! i will try to not use profane language on my post. some times its hard not to .
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    Options
    those folks over in the Technical forum, they are the same ones in the Opinion Forum so why would profanity offend there but not here?

I curse as much as the next guy but I think for GP's I like the idea of a kinder, gentler forum.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I enjoy swearing, it makes me feel good.I like saying those powerfull word's.They get right to the point.But there is young people in here,I'm not cool with using those strong word's.There is no age limit on this site, is there??
    I don't think so.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2002
    Options
    i am down with all the replys, i my self try not to use "swear words" often just because they can make a person sound stupid if used often...
    but ....
    when did they become bad to say, after all sh#t (notice that with the i gone it is ok ???) is just another word for: ****, poo, **** ect. should these be considered "swear words". Should we was kids mouths out with soap and punish them for using these acceptable words ???
    dam is only a bad word when there is an 'N' put in it...
    or am i just getting to DEEP ?

smiley_banghead.gif:D
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • mantis
    edited April 2002
    Options
    thats pretty deep ntculenuff!!!I had to get a shovel................................... and wah my knee's.
    Dan
  • joe6pak
    joe6pak Posts: 267
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Madmax001 makes a good point. I cuss like a pirate, but not in front of everyone. Here you don't really know who all you are speaking to. So what the heck, I will try to refrain from so much darn cussing. Shoot I think we can get our dadgum ideas across with out using foul language. Gee-whiz I feel better already.

joe
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I am just saying that if you are giving people advice, they won't listen if you say, "Try this F***ing speaker out. Plug da S*** in there and that is how you f***ing do it." Do you get my point?
    :)
  • mantis
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I would!!
    Dan
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I don't mind making a f#in bold statement once in a while myself. At least when it's semi-spelled like that it is somewhat tolerable by all, or at least most, well, maybe some. Anyone? Aw $hit, what have I started. Someone is going to report this post to micah arent they. @#$%#****
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D