Sid the Kid.

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,045
    Glad to know you are both ok. My wife had a similar experience back in June. Guy was looking at his phone and ran a red light...never hit the breaks. He hit basically at the drivers side front tire and totaled her car. A split second later and he's right in the drivers side door and it becomes a very serious accident. As with you, she was able to walk away with no injuries.

Congrats on the marriage and best wishes for a long and happy marriage.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Glad to hear you are ok....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,869
    First off glad you are both OK. Second, congrats on the wedding. Wow time flies, I remember the days of you posting from a bedroom as a kid.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,306
    warren wrote: »
    I remember his mom drove him to his first Polkfest.
    Wow. I had to chuckle a little bit when I read that. He's definitely grown up a tad bit since then. LOL

BTW, he is now married to a beautiful woman. I don't know how much he paid her to take his hand in marriage but bless her sweet little heart.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Wow, 18 inches further up this could be a whole different story.

Things like that do tend to prioritize things pretty quickly, all of a sudden, the chores and worrys of everyday life recede.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Glad to hear you're both ok Trey. It's amazing how much safer cars are these days. Looks like it certainly could have been a lot worse, but the safety features appear to have done their job. 20-30 years ago, the outcome would have been a lot different...

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Willow wrote: »
    First off glad you are both OK. Second, congrats on the wedding. Wow time flies, I remember the days of you posting from a bedroom as a kid.

Yeah I think he always had me beat by a few years... I was posting from college and he was posting from high school.

Now look... Both of us are old
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Glad to hear you are both okay. These collisions are always scary stuff.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Congratulations on your wedding and on you and your wife having relatively minor injuries considering the crash. Be well !
    Sal Palooza
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    I appreciate all of the kind thoughts. We had our follow up visit yesterday and met with an Attorney. Still very sore but we will survive :)

Thanks guys
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited October 2016
    So there is always a happy ending to any tragic moment in life :)

Also, we were married in January of this year! Thank you all for the well wishes :)

2013 Avalon Touring

3kcvrd6m9ht2.jpg
    px6yv2659oh5.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    From a pickup truck to a 4 door sedan.........sad, just sad. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    F1nut wrote: »
    From a pickup truck to a 4 door sedan.........sad, just sad. ;)

It could have been a minivan, then we would have known for sure a Trey Jr was on the way.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Nice ride Trey, don't be tryin' to pull tree stumps out with this one though. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    Lol, I haven't drove a truck in five years. My personal car is a 2009 Scion XD. The Avalon will be for my wife.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @VR3,

I was sorry to read only today about your recent accident along with your new bride, but the good part of it is that news that no one appears to have been seriously injured came along with it.

Congratulations and best wishes on your marriage. All humor about "Sid the Kid" aside, you deserve the best.

I hope you both recover quickly.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• treitz3
    Hey Trey, it's been about 6 months since the accident. Is all well with healing and moving on with life? I forgot to ask the other day when we spoke.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    We are back to normal(ish), wife goes to plastic surgeon tomorrow for her scar on her forehead and my shoulder only gets extremely sore after doing laborious work

Thanks for checking in
  • Moose68Bash
    Glad to hear you've pretty well mended, Trey.

Best to your wife. No surgery -- plastic or otherwise -- is fun.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• tonyb
    No chance you can talk her into b o o b implants while under the knife ? Just sayin'...ya have to take advantage of these situations when you can. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Moose68Bash
    @tonyb,

For the love of heaven, man, a little taste, please! :*

• tonyb
    @tonyb,

For the love of heaven, man, a little taste, please! :*

Trey knows I'm yankin his chain....lol. Heaven knows, he's been here long enough and has had his share of yanks. lol The abuse that poor boy took in his younger days around here would pale any remarks I made today. All in good fun though....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • treitz3
    No doubt Tony. No doubt. It's all good. Trey is a big boy now and no longer "Sid the Kid".

I hear where you are coming from Moose68Bash but we are all friends here......just ribbing each other for fun.

Tom
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    I'm seeing a mini-van in your future. Sorry Bruh. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2017
    How in the literal F C U K did the little **** wind up getting married? The nerd factor is HIGH with that one....... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    brettw22 wrote: »
    How in the literal F C U K did the little **** wind up getting married? The nerd factor is HIGH with that one....... :D

Go bake some cookies man w/or w/o **** :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

HA!!! That story will never die......every time cookies are brought in it's a "thing" in this office.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

HA!!! That story will never die......every time cookies are brought in it's a "thing" in this office.........

I was a newby back then and when the PC bvtthurt antics started flying I was like wtf...still funny :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Wow, haven't been active in a while and I see this. Congrats on the marriage. That car doesn't look like it got hit going 60. You're very lucky indeed. Hope all goes well with your wife's surgery.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Willow
    Trey grows up, gets married and brett22 is posting... blast from the past.