This should look pretty sweet,

When I'm done!!1ijb1qjyo5ek.jpg

Comments

• You gonna let me machine these guys? B)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited March 2017
    Hint: They are 1 inch thick.. 13.5 x 22.5 B)

Brian can't play, but yes you can..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Guess I better find a box here quick like.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited March 2017
    Hmmmm...
    I'm stumped.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited March 2017
    OK, Larry, what's up?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• deucekazoo
    deucekazoo Posts: 146
    A metal enclosure for the SDA CRS?
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    XS-CRS
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    Ah, thought those dimensions were a bit off for CRS's.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    edited March 2017
    End caps for sda's :wink:
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Aluminum sub box....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Cant wait to see these
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Awesome!! I'm thinking those are some very expensive end caps and you'll be the only kid on the block with a set for sure.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited March 2017
    Very interesting. I contemplated ali end caps a year ago and it should look **** hot with black grill cloth ,will you also be doing the same with the side trims Larry?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    If you are making end caps, might I suggest that you mod the bases to accommodate some sort of spike system that allows for leveling without having to be under the speaker to do it? Put me down for a set of caps and side panels please.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    If you are making end caps, might I suggest that you mod the bases to accommodate some sort of spike system that allows for leveling without having to be under the speaker to do it? Put me down for a set of caps and side panels please.

Good call John.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited March 2017
    Yes I'm doing the side panels as well, I haven't decided if I'm going to:

1)Brush finish them, then clear coat them (powder coat)
    2)Brush finish, Red anodize them like my face plates..
    3)Have them powder coated Red with a clear coat finish..

Keep in mind I will be doing the tweeter bezels, trim rings around all driver, and passives, and if I don't do red anodizing I will be redoing the x-over plates as well, I want it all to match..

This should be fun, and something different... :-)
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Very interesting
  • ptrooper
    getting a woody :p
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    ptrooper wrote: »
    getting a woody :p

Nope... getting "METAL" lol... no wood here....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    My god Larry talk about stepping it up. Steller idea's from a genius mind
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Are you going to copy the factory corner radii or change them up a bit?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • F1nut
    Not that it matters, but I vote no to the red idea.

President of Club Polk

• ptrooper
    brushed aluminium all the way
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited March 2017
    Y'all see this?! Larry comes in here and fooks up the program. We have (what we thought of) a nice set of speakers. Then he pulls this stunt. For Q Larry.
  • nooshinjohn
    I would be in for a driver ring that improves the look of the ugly baskets as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Urushi black finish would be amazing