My new speakers and the POLK Lynch Mob

I've been Lynched--were you part of The Polk Lynch Mob?

I started a thread that apparently people didn't like.
It was a serious discussion that was meant to discuss play back.
Some people didn't like it and told me how Smart they were
and how Stupid I am.

Sometimes it's just best to let people show their own ignorance.
Did you show yours?

Many of you who read the thread still do not know what
I was saying so you joined in The Lynch Mob.

So far you're a Great--Open Minded--Group of People---NOT.
You have a forum here and when someone wants to talk serious
audio that you don"t understand or like--What do you do?
Denon X1200W
Sony BDP S-590
Mains Signature S60
Center Signature S55
Surrounds Polk RTi-4

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Some people didn't like it and told me how Smart they were
    and how Stupid I am.

Agree. Like this thread for example.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053

You're doing a great job!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    So not being able to understand an unarticulated concept means you're close minded?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    nds9mu8xatg6.jpg
    I love snowflakes.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Broose, my apologies.
    I disabled signatures.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Damn it.........I'm sorry I tried to answer your simple question with an equally simple answer. I promise I won't make that mistake again. Now go wipe your eyes.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Spidey senses tingling.....
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Hello WVHillbilly. I didn't see your introduction to the forum, nor have I seen your conversations thus far with the members of this forum. I have been a member of this board for some time now and I have developed friendships that will last my lifetime.

It's not that hard to have a cordial conversation with the members of this board. Take a look at the responses this new member got on his introductory post;

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/176709/hello-all-finally-joining-the-polk-family#latest

A life lesson I'm quite sure you have heard before is, "You reap what you sow".

With that said, can you see the difference between this gentleman's introduction and responses versus your introduction and interaction with the same folks? If you can't see the difference, then I can not help you. If you can, then I would suggest to man up, apologize and ask to "restart" the relationship. Be the better man you know you can be if you wish to extract the vast amount of knowledge this board has to offer.

The choice is yours.

Respectfully,

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited March 2017
    This is a good forum with a lot of good people on here. No these people and I are not a "lynch mob" either.

If you ask for advice people on here will give it. Don't be rude and fire back if you don't agree.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    As the fictional character Blade is so fond of saying, "Some mother **** are always trying to ice skate uphill."
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    "Thats like trying to push a rope." What is impotence?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    What is impotence?
    Isn't that what french fries are made from?

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Yep2 wrote: »
    "Thats like trying to push a rope." What is impotence?

Only till you learn that pulling the rope is more effective.

Hey-ooooooh!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I've found that repeated tugging of the rope is pretty effective.

Sal Palooza
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    A great example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    "The Lynch Mob".
    Hmmm. Back In The Day (t.m.), folks were properly addressed as "The Henchmen".
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Isn't the term "lynch mob" considered racist? He should be promptly banned from the forum IMHO....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I've found that repeated tugging of the rope is pretty effective.

LOL Great shot.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Ya'll a bunch of big meanies and uzagonna git your p-p whacked.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Yeah, hillbilly they ganged up on me too, guess because I am from Alabama..Gave me all the free advice and guidance to restore/upgrade 2 sets of SDA speakers, one set of monitors, saved me 100.00s of dollars, showed me how to care for the finish on my speakers, saved me from ruining no telling how many mid woofers. They sold me stuff on many occasion now (for great prices BTW) and were always honest with me. These guys have answered the same questions us newcomers have asked 100s of times and from what I see they answer again and help one more time. I have almost quit going to another site that I used to pay for membership to because Club Polk members are so knowledgeable and reachable. The same guys always watch the forums and chime in to help..I don't know how you feel but I would rather have someone tell me the truth and feel uncomfortable about it than to lie to me, smile and powder my butt..So I understand your point..they just gang up on us newcommers..I can see why you are so grateful !