Next week...

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,969
Literally wanted a pair of these since I have been in audio... and next week... they will be here

57mx85yjbf39.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Focal?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • VR3
    Jm Lab Mezzo Utopia
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Nightfall
    I didn't think they were but Focal is the only one I've seen shaped like that.

• VR3
    Focal is JM Lab :)
  • Nightfall
    You passed the test.

Derp ;)

• VR3
    lol, its ok, I'm not 100% sure why they do that...
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Sweet! Can't wait to hear your impressions. I'm sure you will love them.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• VR3
    Thanks guys!

My Dad was a Wilson Audio fan and I actually turned him on to JM lab... I have always admired Focal's Utopia line. He had the Grande Utopias for a decade and it was always a treat to experience their capabilities...

I doubt I will update the crossovers in these... :p hhehe
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Congrats those are purddy!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Nice Trey. Beautiful and I bet they sound great.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    very nice. congrats
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Beautiful, Trey.

Happy listening.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• VR3
    Don't mind the construction hehe m5sw5dd09v9j.jpg
    6ev6p90loi9i.jpg
  • VR3
    They definitely allow them to be moved out the way when I need them to be... at 140# they are definitely not a one person lift
  • VR3
    lol, I hear ya, when my living area is done I will be able to find them a permanent resting place but for the foreseeable future, they will rarely stay in the same place (or room) for long
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @lightman could do one on each shoulder while smoking a cigarette and texting on his phone...

Wussy lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    lol, funny enough, the bolts that the other owner used for spikes (not spikes obviously) fit perfectly between the dolly center spacing, so they are very secure on the dolly... almost like they are meant to be..... :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    VR3 wrote: »
    Focal is JM Lab :)

Beat me to it. I remember when the had long names with all that JM Labs in every name. Do they still go by JM or did they drop that?
  • VR3
    JM is the initials of the owner/founder of JM labs/Focal.

They seemed to blurred the lines at some point, but Focal was originally the drivers and JM Lab was the complete speaker. I definitely see a lot more (entry level) items branded Focal
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Yep i knew focal made drivers yes agree blurry.
    I remember seeing Focal such and such by JM Labs.
  • VR3
    A good example is the Chorus line, they are "Focal" (maybe by JM lab) on the speaker but they are branded as Focal mainly
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Nice speakers. please share pics when all done.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    look very nice.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    VR3 wrote: »
    Don't mind the construction hehe m5sw5dd09v9j.jpg
    6ev6p90loi9i.jpg

When I'm doing remodeling, I just take one of these from room to room... never thought of going "all out" on a jobsite stereo. Intriguing.
    sv7adfaz0vvw.jpg

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• VR3
    lol, true that :p
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Beautiful. Except for that drywall....ever heard measure twice cut once??? :#

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • VR3
    Lol, the wall behind the speakers is being rocked just for sound and insulation, I'm most likely going to do barn wood or some type of wood there, hence all of the misc pieces and sizes :P
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Beautiful. Except for that drywall....ever heard measure twice cut once??? :#

Needs a few more screws.... :D
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4