Got me a Velo F1200B sub

Options
ROHfan
ROHfan Posts: 1,014
Courtesy of my cousin. I already ordered a surround kit as the foam surround is failing. I'm expecting it to sound quite good, although I doubt it will outshine my PSA sub. It may find its way into the FS section soon.
TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    I have a spl1200 and its rubber. How old is the F series?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    The F series was awesome. Big bad and wonderful. I remember Installing them all those years ago. My god where does the time go.
    Well worth investing money to repair and get them back up to spec. Great subs man.
    Velodyne made some of the best sounding Sub's ever.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have a spl1200 and its rubber. How old is the F series?

Mid to late 90s. Foam surrounds. Amps not as powerful as the SPL series. But I would love to bear one. Good luck with the repair!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Mid to late 90s. Foam surrounds. Amps not as powerful as the SPL series. But I would love to bear one. Good luck with the repair!

Probably a good thing as the SPL series AMP's are garbage...

I've blown through 4 of them in 5 years, and no I don't push them hard.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    The ULD series put them on the map. I think the F series was next after those.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    I had my spl recapped 5 or 6 years ago when it got a hum in it. Mine is the first spl1200 series. I have read stories of that amp giving out. Maybe I got mine recapped in time?

I see the f series on Craig's list sometimes. Next time I will know not to just pass it over
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Congrats on the find ROHfan, I remember those old Velos , back in the day, they were one bad boy,heavy as heck too. Those old amps back then were pretty dependable,unlike many newer sub amps out there. Have heard lots of good things on PSA subs for years. ;)