A funbag thread.....

Options
13»

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I was reminded yesterday that this was a speaker forum so I think a picture of a speaker is appropriate.

speaker-5-sm.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Shack,

Find the picture you want to move here.

Put your cursor on the picture and right click your mouse.

Click on 'Properties'

Drag your cursor across the URL of the Picture.

Right click on the mouse again and choose 'copy'

Come back here and make your post.

Right above the text window click on 'IMG'

Paste the URL you copied into the address line.
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • shack
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Dean - it is showing up on my computer screen. I have followed that proceedure hundreds of times. I've found that some webpages have started blocking the ability to post images. Geociities comes to mind. Maybe that is happening here. I went back and cleared out all of my cookies and temp files to see if the image was coming up for just me but it stll show up on my screen.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dean/klipschead
    edited April 2002
    Options
    that sucks
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I got the same thing. It must be other web sites blocking access.

BTW, did I mention that the pictures I posted were of my wife? :D Yeah we got a bundle when she posed in SI Swimsuit's Edition. I finally was able to buy my CS400i. She was quite mad though, she didn't get the cover. If she would of, that would have been a pair of f/x500i's to go with the 400.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by shack

speaker-5-sm.jpg

is that an orgasmostatic speaker? :p
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited April 2002
    Options
    she's got some chunky monkey legs :D
  • shack
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Nice speaker though!

• lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Is that a guy you ****? :D
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by lax01
    Is that a guy you ****? :D

you likey don't you....;)
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • johnnyamerika
    edited April 2002
    Options
    lax, why don't you watch words like ****. Cursing is one thing, but saying '****' is no different from racial slurs.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Yes, thank you.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Cursing is one thing, but saying '****' is no different from racial slurs.
    Oh, should I say homosexual? Give me a freakin' break! These people deserve no such respect. It disgusts me that society thinks we should tolerate these people.

Aaron
  • johnnyamerika
    edited April 2002
    Options
    here's proof possitive.
  • dean/klipschead
    edited April 2002
    Options
    i don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle

however, I don't agree with many other types of lifestyles either

however, all human beings should be treated with decency whenever possible

It isn't just society that says we should tolerate others -- but God Himself -- who says we should not show favoritism

If God extends grace to me and forgives me for the idiotic things I do -- then I need to make sure I extend that same grace to others -- especially those with whom I disagree

I think the proper vebiage would be '****' --

I believe they deserve the same human rights as the rest of the human race -- however, I don't believe they deserve special rights

A basic human right is to be treated with decency
    Dean

• Aaron
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I don't mean to say that we shouldn't be decent to these people; I'm saying that we should not, in any way, accept or promote their lifestyle. I agree that they should have rights, but the stuff that gets me going is when **** couples want to have marriage rights, adoption rights, etc. While God may say that we shouldn't show favoritism, He also condems homosexuality.

Aaron
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Oh, should I say homosexual? Give me a freakin' break! These people deserve no such respect. It disgusts me that society thinks we should tolerate these people.

We should tolerate "these people." It's their choice and has nothing to do with you. I'm not ****, but my best friend's sister is. Does that mean she should be an outcast. Is she a bad person because of who she chooses to have a relationship with? What other people do is their own business and should be treated that way.

-Josh O.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Why do we have to label folks anyway? Shouldn't we all be just people, folks, dudes and dudettes?? We all have our quirks and idiosynchrasies (sp.)

We are all human, which is hard enough without any additional labels, let's just leave it at that.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • johnnyamerika
    edited April 2002
    Options
    God also condemns hatred, racism, discrimination, violence, ignorance, and many other SINS!!! Perhaps being can can be argued as a sin, but it's no different than any other sin!

>These people deserve no such respect. It disgusts me that society thinks we should tolerate these people.

But now you think they deserve rights? Just not the same rights as everyone else? Sounds like discrimination to me. I thought we were beyond this kind of thing in America. Hell who are we kidding, no way we are, this is proof. Aside from that, there's this little thing called seperation of church and state, so I don't give a damn what your religion tells you, that's not what I'm going to base my laws on.

I'm not going to post another word on this subject. You seem smart Aaron....smart enough to see through all the holes in this ****. I feel very sad that people I interact with feel this way. And even though I'm not ****, it really hurts me inside.

This is, as Micah has said in the past, not what this forum is for. My request, Micah, is that you strictly enforce a stop to racist, discriminatory remarks on this forum. '****' seems light..and perhaps it can be a light word, but not used in the context it was...and that didn't even compare to the thoughts that followed it's saying.

John
  • dean/klipschead
    edited April 2002
    Options
    do we really want to get into what God condemns?

Sure, he condemns homosexuality -- but He also condemns:

Drunkeness
    Lieing
    Stealing
    Sex before Marriage
    drugs (sorcery - the Greek word for 'sorcery' in the Greek is Pharmasukia)
    etc, etc...

Troy is right -- labels suck
    Dean

• Aaron
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Aside from that, there's this little thing called seperation of church and state, so I don't give a damn what your religion tells you, that's not what I'm going to base my laws on.
    I only commented on religion because of Dean's post. None of my other comments refer to religion.
    But now you think they deserve rights? Just not the same rights as everyone else? Sounds like discrimination to me.
    Again, I never said they didn't deserve rights. I'm also not saying that they deserve different rights. I'm saying that marrige should remain the way it has for centuries, the union of a man and woman. Since **** don't meet that criteria, they should not be allowed to legally marry. Basically I'm saying that society should not accept that lifestyle as commonplace. If people want to live that lifestyle, fine, but don't expect any special treatment for it.

The reason I said they shouldn't have adoption rights is because I thought you had to be married to adopt. Now that I think about it, I guess you can actually adopt without being married. Didn't Melissa Ethridge or someone do that?

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Options
    DAMN, I just opened up this thread....I think I need a sock.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • dean/klipschead
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I believe that would be 'homosoxuality'
    Dean

• Aaron
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Hahahaha! Nice one.

Aaron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Instead of calling them "****," just call them "priests."

Whoops. Cohen oversteps the bounds. This one gets a lock!

Move on to the next thread, folks!

Thanks for your time.

Nothing more to see here.

Thanks! Luv ya,

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
This discussion has been closed.