RTA-12B Project

I've rebuilt quite few RTA-12 Crossovers, but never had the chance to get my ears on them, and do some cabinet upgrades. These were brought to my by the original owner. The first thing I did was a leakage test. I've never had a pair of Polks this tight. I pushed in and held the PRs on both. The woofers stayed out for a good 10-12 seconds, and then very, very slowly retracted over a 20-25 second time period. I disassembled everything, and found the Dacron in a heap at the bottom of both cabinets.
Sonicap Gen Is were chosen for the upper and lower Crossover sections. New Cardas Binding Posts were installed. The existing 3 pole connectors were retained, cleaned and treated with DeoxIT, along with the fuse holders.
The woofer's magnet assemblies were glued with Power Grab. Dynamat Extreme was installed in the woofer and PR frames. All existing gaskets were retained,
Hurricane Nuts were installed.
4" X 8" sections of Black Hole 5 were placed on the back wall behind each woofer.
The existing Dacron was re-installed in it's correct location, and tacked in place.
New black oxide, Torx head cap screws were used to secure the Woofers and PRs (I highly recommend them, no slippage).
A final leakage tests were done, and they matched the original tests, very tight.

uwt9ibpxq5sn.png
5y0meof3oypl.png
cybzcq0v5bcx.png
nazdq75am8rh.png
jhpj80daufkb.png
ubkwmtdhukh3.png
thzfg5gq80oe.png
hhdl7xy2qvxe.png
48r9ljq1n4sp.png
druicw76zbhg.png
d2yv8dqila6z.png
Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Comments