Door tweeters, should I care to add them?

My car has door tweeters. I will be installing MM651's. Will it be a waste of money to place tweeters on the front doors as well? If yes/no, then why? Break it down for me.

Thanks

Answers

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I really don't like the speakers all over the place like in my MB (Harmon Kardon) and now my VW. Although the MB system sounded way better than the VW (Fender, panasonic). The sound coming from all kind of places sucks to me. If I had two or four speaker system in any car I think it would be better but I don't screw with the factory stuff, now if I had a 65 GTO that may be something else.
  • afterburnt wrote: »
    I really don't like the speakers all over the place like in my MB (Harmon Kardon) and now my VW. Although the MB system sounded way better than the VW (Fender, panasonic). The sound coming from all kind of places sucks to me. If I had two or four speaker system in any car I think it would be better but I don't screw with the factory stuff, now if I had a 65 GTO that may be something else.

None of this made sense to me except for you thinking the sound coming from all places sucks for you. What I am trying to figure out is will my sound quality suffer if I have these stock tweeters alongside the silk dome tweeters.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I don't think that separate tweeters etc. place all about the cabin sound good. You may like it.
  • i would get rid of the stock tweeters and go with the new higher rated tweeters
  • Replace the tweeters. Do not run the stock tweeters if you have the new ones that come with drivers. The efficiency is probably different so you may not hear the stock ones at all. Keep it simple.
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Component systems when installed correctly will give you the best sound. Period.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman