Who went to Polk??

Special event indeed! You lucky dogs!

qwaUmH5.jpg
<3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Last time I was at Polk HQ, there must have been 20-25 other Polk Forum members there with me. It was an enjoyable time and we gave feedback to the engineers on various projects they had going on behind closed doors at the the time. The "History Hall", if you will, of speakers Polk produced over the years was pretty cool.

I don't know if I was there for that particular GTG.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    From Polks FB page...

Today we had a few of our Polk forum members stop by our headquarters, giving them exclusive access to our products and our listening room.

If you haven't had a chance to check out our forum, we highly recommend it. It's a great community to be a part of, all while getting answers to your Polk questions and seeing stunning home audio set ups.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/

oya9t83m0693.jpg
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    THEY ARE PLACING THEIR CUPS FILLED WITH DRINKS ON THOSE SPEAKERS!!!!!!

Don't let them in again.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ricardo wrote: »

Don't let them in again.

I don't see any cups on speakers, they are placards
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    In the first picture, the flannel, thick rimmed glasses, watch guy... what's that his arm is on? Looks like a giant Polk console stereo or something?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    @D2Lo What is that thing?

• D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    It is one of the very first speakers that Matt made in 1972, nicknamed "The Baby Bottom". Stu helped us with all of the placards for those speakers. He was there for most of it, having started in 1976 :smile:
  • Nightfall
    That is too cool. Have you ever heard it?

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Don't let them in again.

THANKS. I AM GETTING OLD AND CAN'T SEE.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1

Don't let them in again.

LOL, then we won't give you a hard time with spelling in caps ;)

cheers
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Don't let them in again.

LOL, then we won't give you a hard time with spelling in caps ;)

cheers

beat me to it lol
  • D2Lo
    Nightfall wrote: »
    That is too cool. Have you ever heard it?

unfortunately we only have the single, not a pair, so I've never heard it. I'll have to post some more pics of it for you guys.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    All of those speakers used to be at the old Baltimore HQ. IIRC, the black one was a PA speaker.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• D2Lo
    Yes @F1nut , it is a PA speakers. The first few designs were all meant to be PA's. George, Matt, and Sandy ended up getting stiffed on a PA system, and at the same time they had people asking them for home use HiFi speakers so they shifted their focus. As they call it in start up life, a pivot. And the rest was history as they got some pretty immediate success.
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Very cool!! Thanks for the link for us non Facebook people!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    2:12PM
    » show previous quotes

THANKS. I AM GETTING OLD AND CAN'T SEE......
    I thought they were cups also, geez who would do such a thing, they didn't look barbaric..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • txcoastal1
    I've got a 27" PC screen, I'm handicapped too :)

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    ROTFLOL! What you all need is eyeglasses, and if you are already wearing some then you need to go get your eyes checked again since they have obviously changed.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • txcoastal1
    but but but my arms are still long enough and i can shoot targets at 50yrds

and my sunglasses make me look B)

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    but but but my arms are still long enough and i can shoot targets at 50yrds

and my sunglasses make me look B)

He says as he walks into a door! LOL! Yeah, that's real B)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Very cool indeed! I saw a Facebook live video of the T50 breakdown and saw what I believed to be an early Polk PA. Glad to see my assumptions were correct.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    lawdogg wrote: »
    Special event indeed! You lucky dogs!

qwaUmH5.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this post,

I am the large Polar Bear looking guy in the blue shirt ( yes I know I need to drop a few) The other skinny gent is my buddy Pete. My boss was to come but got called into a last minute meeting, he is still mad he couldn't make it.

D2Lo was kind enough to give us a great look around the Vista facility and a great listen to the Signature line (S60). We also had a great demo of some Def Tech's in ATMOS. We did have to sign NDA so I won't say what we got to see in all.

I am still floored by the tour. It was such a brain overload for weeks.

My hats off to D2Lo and the Polk staff for the tour, it was a blast :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Wished I lived closer to get in on those things lucky folks you are
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wished I lived closer to get in on those things lucky folks you are

Till we pay SoCal prices for most anything.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • D2Lo
    mrloren wrote: »
    My hats off to D2Lo and the Polk staff for the tour, it was a blast :)

It was our pleasure!