Bought a cheap pair of SDA-SRS only to later find out they are 1.2TLs

So, this post is only to share my good fortune:)

I recently was the winner in an auction for a pair of "SDA-SRS" on one of the popular audio sales sites. No pictures, no description, but they were local and the seller had good feedback. I bid, not expecting to win, but did.

When I arrived, the seller was going on about how little use they had seen, and that they were in mint condition. Well, it turns out they weren't at least cosmetically. However, all drivers worked, and the price was still great so we completed the deal, and loaded them in my truck. I brought them home and set them aside for further inspection.

Well, tonight, I finally looked them over more closely and realized that they are 1.2TLs. I don't know why I didn't check when I bought them, but I was pretty excited to find this out tonight. I think that these will be the keepers that I take down the full upgrade path that you have all laid out so well!

Comments

• VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    Lawd have mercy !! Another pair saved ! Good tidings I would say !
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Congrats on your find,
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    B)
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited October 2020
    been a couple years now, what upgrades got done ?
    Do you have any pics?
    esprits4s wrote: »

I recently was the winner in an auction for a pair of "SDA-SRS" on one of the popular audio sales sites. No pictures, no description, but they were local and the seller had good feedback. I bid, not expecting to win, but did.

When I arrived, the seller was going on about how little use they had seen, and that they were in mint condition. Well, it turns out they weren't at least cosmetically. However, all drivers worked, and the price was still great so we completed the deal, and loaded them in my truck. I brought them home and set them aside for further inspection.

Well, tonight, I finally looked them over more closely and realized that they are 1.2TLs. I don't know why I didn't check when I bought them, but I was pretty excited to find this out tonight. I think that these will be the keepers that I take down the full upgrade path that you have all laid out so well!

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    ptrooper wrote: »
    been a couple years now, what upgrades got done ?
    Do you have any pics?
    esprits4s wrote: »

Sean, funny thing is these are probably the pair you just purchased from me. I bought my 1.2tls(yours now) from him after we talked over on AK which was probably only a month after his post here...I was unaware that he was a member here.

I guess you will get to write the next chapter on these speaker’s journey though.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Thanks Danny....Lol,to funny.I could feel this post pulling at me.
    I guess i will have to add to their upgrades with a few pics along with their journey down under over the next ????? months/year here!
    The way the planet has been spinning lately , i'm hoping it doesn't interfere to much with the build i am contemplating !
    The Polk club has some great engineering members who are willing to do what it takes getting that extra bit from a build.
    If all goes well, all i can say is there definitely won't be another pair likem B) ! <3 polk
    cheers
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    So these will be the epic monoliths. ;)
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I can’t wait to see the finished product!