Vienna Acoustics Beethoven

Options
coolsax
coolsax Posts: 1,824
Has anyone heard the older version of these? not the current Grand Series, but just the straight up Beethovens? Looking at a pair and wanted to see if anyone here has listened to them. Hard to find any information online that aren't the Grand series.

Main 2ch -
BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22

Comments

• B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    You eyeing those off CL in Austin? Haha
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Yes. They are good.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • coolsax
    Options
    yeah I'm trying to decide if i want to take the plunge on them... emailed the guy.. he's original owner. Have never heard anything but good things about them, but trying to decide if worth 6-700 dollars.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+

TV 3.1 system -
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    We use to sell them at Tweeter and they are incredible speakers. The entire older line was simply amazing.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    I hope you bought them as I just checked on CL and they are marked sold. If you did get them, let us know how they sound.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • coolsax
    Options
    C'est La Vie, I did not.. too much going back and forth with myself.. probably should have just bought them this weekend.. oh well, thanks for y'alls input!
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    coolsax wrote: »
    yeah I'm trying to decide if i want to take the plunge on them... emailed the guy.. he's original owner. Have never heard anything but good things about them, but trying to decide if worth 6-700 dollars.

Yes they are worth that.

If it comes up again, you know what to do
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I put an offer on a pair a couple years ago. The guy said he wished I had messaged him a day sooner, but he had just sold them.

I remember doing a lot of research and they had nothing but good reviews.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • B Run
    Options
    coolsax wrote: »
    C'est La Vie, I did not.. too much going back and forth with myself.. probably should have just bought them this weekend.. oh well, thanks for y'alls input!

Those Focals on CL are looking pretty good
  • coolsax
    Options
    yeah i saw those.. i've always heard that the 700 series focals are pretty bright though, and while i don't mind a forward speaker (the Sierras can be quite forward sometimes), bright speakers don't work well with me at all.
    Main 2ch -

TV 3.1 system -
  • B Run
    Options
    They are to be honest, I love them for HT and Audyssey definitely tamed them down nicely but when I ran them with Emotiva and Rotel gear it was definitely noticeable.