Polk FR1 wireless subwoofer

Options
We purchased the Polk Soundbar and subwoofer through Dish about a year ago. About 8 months ago it started making crackling/popping noises that I couldn't get rid of. I tried to call customer service several times and as we live in the middle of the woods my cell phone kept getting dropped. It has since been unplugged

The serial number is am-152157366.

I've tried moving it closer to the TV, I've tried moving it further away, I've tried using different electrical outlets. Nothing seems to change

Please help, my spouse is not happy that I bought "a piece of crappy equipment". I have done my research and had full confidence that this was a good purchase.

Heather

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello Heather,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. One of the causes of popping sounds and a lack of connection is interference between any network router and the soundbar/subwoofer. As a test try turning off your router (assuming you have one) and see if there's a difference.
    Regards, Ken
  • shawna
    Options
    My dog ate our remote and we don’t know how to get our Subwoofer to turn on.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    edited November 2023
    Options
    shawna wrote: »
    My dog ate our remote and we don’t know how to get our Subwoofer to turn on.

Rub the dog's belly.

It may or may not make the subwoofer turn on, but that should make the dog happier and that should make you happier.
    Post edited by Viking64 on