Done for now

Options
2»

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    You can buy from GIK acoustics, probably better than diy and they're not too costly Vu

+1 on this. I somehow stumbled across this site and decided to go with these myself.
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Finally, I've finished all ten of DIY Acoustic panels and added them to 4 walls of the room, today. Also, the Ortofon 2M black (thanks to Neil) is so good that I can't stop listening to LPs in the past 2 weeks... u4czd2ff29ox.jpg
    l0uizvlu0qha.jpg
    j3rutzutlk8a.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    That's one heckuva system
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Your system is one of my top 5. so nice.
  • haimoc
    Options
    Thanks for all nice comments. I am exhausted from trying to be a handy man. I need a nap.. :smile:
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Nice!looks awesome, I love your racks. Make sure to post it in the "let's see it" thread.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Very nice system.
  • footwedge
    Options
    Eye candy for sure. If you are not to tired, ;) I would like to know more about your DIY panels and room dimensions.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    Stunning! Sounds good too, that I'm certain.
    haimoc wrote: »
    I am planning the layout of my existing DIY sound panels in the room.
    Please briefly describe panel construction. Type of fabric, filler, frame if any. Suggestions for ceiling too? My HT space, as so many others, can stand more attention in this too often overlooked/undervalued system component.

I've discussed (w/wife) hanging a large single or two smaller solid dark color tapestries behind TV at our next/last house. Left edge extending 3'-5' to the left of the left speaker and the right edge the same to the right. The idea to provide sound AND visual treatment.

Mille Grazie & Felice Natale

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    You should put up more photos and close ups. Your system is really stunning.
    +2!
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • gp4jesus
    Options
    Thanks for all nice comments. I am exhausted from trying to be a handy man. I need a nap.. :smile:
    ...after several cold ones!

• haimoc
    edited December 2016
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    Stunning! Sounds good too, that I'm certain.
    I am planning the layout of my existing DIY sound panels in the room.
    Please briefly describe panel construction. Type of fabric, filler, frame if any. Suggestions for ceiling too? My HT space, as so many others, can stand more attention in this too often overlooked/undervalued system component.

I've discussed (w/wife) hanging a large single or two smaller solid dark color tapestries behind TV at our next/last house. Left edge extending 3'-5' to the left of the left speaker and the right edge the same to the right. The idea to provide sound AND visual treatment.

Mille Grazie & Felice Natale

The panels (25.0 x 50.0 x2, about 10.5 lbs each) you saw in the image were made with Owens Corning fiberglass, wood frame material from Home Depot, Burlap cover, Heavy Duty D-Ring Picture Hangers, and SuperSoftstrand Size 8 Picture wire.

Tools: stapler, drills, table saw, small hammer, and scissors.

The room with the panels look better than it is in the image..
    Post edited by haimoc on
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Killer Rig! Love me some VPI Classic magic!