Curse me but my emotiva little ego is all I have

I am trying to use my pc to carp avr for my music. If I use the 3.5 input on AVR does it bypass everything in the AVR (headphone o
ut from the laptop) to the AVR?
rpf65 wrote: »
I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,137
    Consider upgrading to a trout avr. What is the 3.5 input labeled as on your carp?
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,493
    Sea Bass.....definitely move up to Sea Bass. :)

Sounds like a recipe for bad sound to me. Go get a Chromecast for 30 or so bucks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkfarmboypolkfarmboy Posts: 5,724
    edited December 2016
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I am trying to use my pc to carp avr for my music. If I use the 3.5 input on AVR does it bypass everything in the AVR (headphone o
    ut from the laptop) to the AVR?

If your going to do that then why not by a used audioquest dragonfly. Then go from the dragonfly 3.5 to the avr rca. The plus side is when your not listening to a garbage setup like that you at least have a nice headphone setup.

Here in one, you can bid at $50 or buyitnow for $75 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audioquest-Dragonfly-USB-DAC-1-0-/192051514739?hash=item2cb7298d73:g:KrUAAOSwRMRYTtAh
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,512
    The jack says "portable/AAC setup" or something like that. PFB I have no funds so I am working with what I have. I never occured to me to use it for anything but cans but if it works with a portable jack I am curios to hear it with my good rigs
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,512
    Got it working and got to say, not bad sound for dumpster extras.

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,916
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sea Bass.....definitely move up to Sea Bass. :)

Sounds like a recipe for bad sound to me. Go get a Chromecast for 30 or so bucks.

Go swordfish or go home...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”