Curse me but my emotiva little ego is all I have

I am trying to use my pc to carp avr for my music. If I use the 3.5 input on AVR does it bypass everything in the AVR (headphone o
ut from the laptop) to the AVR?

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Consider upgrading to a trout avr. What is the 3.5 input labeled as on your carp?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sea Bass.....definitely move up to Sea Bass. :)

Sounds like a recipe for bad sound to me. Go get a Chromecast for 30 or so bucks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited December 2016
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I am trying to use my pc to carp avr for my music. If I use the 3.5 input on AVR does it bypass everything in the AVR (headphone o
    ut from the laptop) to the AVR?

If your going to do that then why not by a used audioquest dragonfly. Then go from the dragonfly 3.5 to the avr rca. The plus side is when your not listening to a garbage setup like that you at least have a nice headphone setup.

Here in one, you can bid at $50 or buyitnow for $75 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audioquest-Dragonfly-USB-DAC-1-0-/192051514739?hash=item2cb7298d73:g:KrUAAOSwRMRYTtAh
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    The jack says "portable/AAC setup" or something like that. PFB I have no funds so I am working with what I have. I never occured to me to use it for anything but cans but if it works with a portable jack I am curios to hear it with my good rigs
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Got it working and got to say, not bad sound for dumpster extras.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    tonyb wrote: »
    Sea Bass.....definitely move up to Sea Bass. :)

Sounds like a recipe for bad sound to me. Go get a Chromecast for 30 or so bucks.

Go swordfish or go home...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson