Audio eye candy

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,708
I never get tired of seeing this set up.

06hppemf9qid.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Impeccable
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Hate to sound stupid, but, I can't help it...what are we looking at here? Anyone know what components these are?
  • kharp1 wrote: »
    Hate to sound stupid, but, I can't help it...what are we looking at here? Anyone know what components these are?

I see a huge yellow anaconda. :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited December 2016
    The question remains....Does it sound as good as it looks?

Jesse shed some light on the components please once you crawl out from under the coffin lid
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2016
    almost symmetrical -- but those two downleads on the left-hand side must drive those with OCD nuts.

06hppemf9qid.jpg
  • F1nut
    It's a promo pic from Gregitek, an Italian audio company that specializes in vibration control products. The rack, speaker stands, cable risers, cables and power blocks are theirs.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Those cables must be as big as a garden hose. I wonder what they weigh.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's a promo pic from Gregitek, an Italian audio company that specializes in vibration control products. The rack, speaker stands, cable risers, cables and power blocks are theirs.

Yeah I saw those. Gregitek sells cable risers for $180.... Each.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • F1nut
    Works of art Joey, works of art.

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    nothin' wrong with high-quality mono :p
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Honestly guys my setup makes an MBL preamp looks like it purchased from target with a bunch of wires that you would think need to go in the dumpster.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Ok PFB pictures are now deemed necessary.

...and hold up a piece of paper in the shot that has "PFB 12/19/16" written on it. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • polkfarmboy
    No pictures as there is like components on the rack, the floor just crap everywhere. If I have a clean setup then I feel unhappy about being limited as I love listening to diff combos for diff music.
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    edited December 2016
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    31nal3xlsr2r.jpg

dang.....

Just needs some cardboard cut outs on those amps and why isn't the tv cabling in the wall.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    footwedge wrote: »
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    31nal3xlsr2r.jpg

dang.....

Just needs some cardboard cut outs on those amps ......

No plagiarism allowed. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    A lot of amp for a pair of monitors.

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    F1nut wrote: »
    A lot of amp for a pair of monitors.

Nonsense. If a lot is good, more must be gooderer.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    No pictures as there is like components on the rack, the floor just crap everywhere. If I have a clean setup then I feel unhappy about being limited as I love listening to diff combos for diff music.

Now that's a first for me.....different systems to match different songs.

Scratchin' my head....lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    tonyb wrote: »

Now that's a first for me.....different systems to match different songs.

Scratchin' my head....lol

PFB said different "music"....oh my I can agree with that :o:o

As my MD2's excel at jazz and classical
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Love that room Mark. What a great place to hang out and pretty much lose the whole day pooping around with audio gear. Out of curiosity what are the dimensions?
  • polkfarmboy
    So many lp's around too! love it.
  • mhardy6647
    Love that room Mark. What a great place to hang out and pretty much lose the whole day pooping around with audio gear. Out of curiosity what are the dimensions?

26 x 26 (not ideal, but at least the ceiling's not flat).
    If I could've talked Mrs. H into a three-car garage, it could have been acoustically better proportioned ;)

Rekkids at my house are kind of like an iceberg; more of them below grade than upstairs :)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dang Mark, obsessive disorder ? lol

Don't ya spend time grading papers anymore ? I envision you grading papers like Fred Clause stamping all the letters "nice", so you have time for your audio obsessions.

Looks nice and inviting though.....speakers look a tad too toed in for the sitting distance to me or is that the optical illusion thing ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    The semester -- is -- over! :)
    Papers graded, grades entered.
    Headin' out later to pick up our son, or, as I like to call him, "The Other Dr. Hardy" :) at the aerodrome.

Good times.

I have generally used the Duplexes toed in to focus the image a few feet in front of me. The result is actually pretty impressive with coaxial drivers.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @mhardy6647

There will be a day when I acquire one of your older integrateds for my daughter.... Lord knows I could buy 10 of em and you'd never notice the difference lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)