WTB: Avel Lindberg 1KVA toroid (AV-047548)

250GTLusso
250GTLusso Posts: 163
edited December 2016 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I bumped a thread in the Vintage Speakers forum to try and get another group buy going to get the minimum order quantity from Avel Lindberg of 10 units. In the event that we cant generate enough interest, I thought I would post here to see if there was anyone out there that participated in a prior group buy and might have an extra Avel Lindberg 1KVA toroid (AV-047548) available? If so, please PM me. Thanks!
HT
Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
2 Channel (Living Room)
Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
2 Channel (Office)
Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
2 Channel (Garage)
Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).

Comments

• Somebody is going to tell you that you need to have 100 posts before buying or selling on this Forum, so I figured it might as well be another newbie, like me, before one of the old-timers lowers the boom on you. :)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Somebody is going to tell you that you need to have 100 posts before buying or selling on this Forum, so I figured it might as well be another newbie, like me, before one of the old-timers lowers the boom on you. :)

100 post rule is for selling, not buying...
  • Yes, and we have rules for a reason. I just spoke with Melanie at Avel Lindberg. Very nice lady. She is going to provide me with a quote (tomorrow) for a minimum order of 10 if no one has one lying around and is willing to part with theirs.
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).
  • 250GTLusso wrote: »
    Yes, and we have rules for a reason. I just spoke with Melanie at Avel Lindberg. Very nice lady. She is going to provide me with a quote (tomorrow) for a minimum order of 10 if no one has one lying around and is willing to part with theirs.

Torus Power markets AC line power conditioners with Plitron toroidal isolation transformers specifically designed for use in audio and video systems.

Perhaps, Plitron is now manufacturing toroidal transformers that are audio grade components that are better than those that were available when DarqueKnight tested Plitron transformers versus Avel-Lindberg transformers.

If there is insufficient interest in an Avel-Lindberg group buy, perhaps you might want to contact Plitron.
  • Thank you Stonecutter, I will look into Plitron as well.
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • Somebody is going to tell you that you need to have 100 posts before buying or selling on this Forum, so I figured it might as well be another newbie, like me, before one of the old-timers lowers the boom on you. :)

Sorry, I thought I remembered from looking on this site a couple of years ago that this rule applied to both buying and selling.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Somebody is going to tell you that you need to have 100 posts before buying or selling on this Forum, so I figured it might as well be another newbie, like me, before one of the old-timers lowers the boom on you. :)

Sorry, I thought I remembered from looking on this site a couple of years ago that this rule applied to both buying and selling.

No worries. It used to apply to buyers as well until the vanilla switch.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    edited December 2016
    I think there have been some comparison tests of the Plitrons in the past, and I'm not sure they were as well regarded as the Avel.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/131537/plitron-1000va-transformer-evaluation

See... that's what happens when you don't read... sorry about that @Stonecutter !

"Perhaps, Plitron is now manufacturing toroidal transformers that are audio grade components that are better than those that were available when DarqueKnight tested Plitron transformers versus Avel-Lindberg transformers."
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• @MrBuhl,

No worries! Easy mistake to make. I've been there and done that -- in fact, earlier today!
  • Steve
    What does the list of people look like now who want in on the group buy?
  • Currently we have 7 of the required 10 for a group buy.

1.) 250GTLusso
    2.) Drumsolo
    3.) vcwatkins
    4.) Nesmith98
    5.) nooshinjohn
    6.) honestaquarian
    7.) RandyCroissant
    8.)
    9.)
    10.)
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • Steve
    Update the list. Someone else just jumped on board on the other thread
    I'd suggest moving everyone to this thread.
  • Currently we have 9 of the required 10 for a group buy.

1.) 250GTLusso
    2.) Drumsolo
    3.) vcwatkins
    4.) Nesmith98
    5.) nooshinjohn
    6.) honestaquarian
    7.) RandyCroissant
    8.) monepolk
    9.) amb426amb1
    10.) ......

We just need 1 more!
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited December 2016
    Somebody with SDAs using the stock SDA interconnect should jump on this bandwagon before it gets away.

I've been using two of these transformers -- one with a pair of non-common-ground monoblocks and the other with a common-ground amp -- and the difference adding it into these systems is remarkable.

It is well worth the cost of the transformer and other components of the Dreadnought.

Maybe @Toolfan66 may even be persuaded to do another run of enclosures for the participants in this group buy. :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• What does one of those enclosures go for @Toolfan66 ?
  • We have the magic 10!

1.) 250GTLusso
    2.) Drumsolo
    3.) vcwatkins
    4.) Nesmith98
    5.) nooshinjohn
    6.) honestaquarian
    7.) RandyCroissant
    8.) monepolk
    9.) amb426amb1
    10.) polk65 (maybe several)
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,051
    I'm in for a tranny and a case. But I have to say I;d like a more seasoned veteran handle the money. I've seen far too many of these kinds of things go sideways even if they started out with good intentions.

No offense to anyone.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • No offense taken.
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I'm in for a tranny and a case. But I have to say I;d like a more seasoned veteran handle the money. I've seen far too many of these kinds of things go sideways even if they started out with good intentions.

No offense to anyone.

H9

I don't mind doing this if acceptable to the group buy members. If not, no hard feelings and thanks to @250GTLusso .

Craig
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,051
    I have no problems with you doing it Craig.

Thanks for understanding 250GTLusso and a big thanks for getting the ball rolling and contacting Avel. I have been kicking myself for not taking part in the other 2 buys. I even had a 800kvA Avel that I sold before I even got it hooked up.

Hopefully if Larry can make cases, he will start a separate thread.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Ok with me. I would also like to thank 250GTLusso.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »

No offense to anyone.

H9

I don't mind doing this if acceptable to the group buy members. If not, no hard feelings and thanks to @250GTLusso .

Craig

Most acceptable, thank you for stepping up.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    In recent years I haven't had much time for the hobby due to family responsibilities. I sort of lost my audio compass along the way but as this transformer does what it does, please count me in. Thanks to all who have worked on this project and to 250GTLusso for kicking this along.
  • Thank you all, and especially Craig for taking the lead to coordinate the procurement and logistics for this group buy.

The more members that join the group buy, the lower the unit price. So all of you that have been kicking yourself for not joining the 2 prior group buys (like heiney9) this is your opportunity! Don't miss it a 3rd time.

~ Steve
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • I thought I should re-post the pricing in this thread.
    Melanie%20from%20Avel%20Lindberg%20response.jpg
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Thank you Steve for kick starting this. We value members like you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Steve
    How many are we up to now?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited December 2016
    F1nut wrote: »
    Thank you Steve for kick starting this. We value members like you.

Well said Jesse. Many thanks for getting the ball rolling. Do you live in SoCal Luuso?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn, yes I live in Orange County CA. Do you? I missed The Show at Newport earlier this year. Were you able to attend?
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)
  • honestaquarian, at the moment we have 10 parties who have signed up, some for multiple quantities.

1.) 250GTLusso (Qty-2)
    2.) Drumsolo
    3.) vcwatkins
    4.) Nesmith98
    5.) nooshinjohn
    6.) honestaquarian
    7.) RandyCroissant
    8.) monepolk
    9.) amb426amb1
    10.) polk65 (Qty-4?)

So I think a quantity of 14 is currently making up the Group Buy.

Handing over to Craig (vcwatkins).
    HT
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    2 Channel (Office)
    2 Channel (Garage)