Well crap...

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Crap man, anything we can do just ask brother. I mean anything. Prayers sent your way.

As tonyb says -- let us know, whenever we can help, what we can do to help.
    Send a PM if you like; don't be shy (you can use multiple addresses :) )

As some folks have noted, your attitude is encouraging and will help you to achieve the best possible outcome.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Options
    Prayers sent! Remain positive and lean on your friends and family!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Prayers sent from the family.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    damn man, that sux, a prayer will be sent up for you and your loved ones now and on the 20th, keep us updated if you want, wishing all the best
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    OK ladies and gentlemen as you know we go to bat when we can for fellow Polkies. Danny is a humble man and was reluctant for me to make an announcement, but of course as usual I leaned on him a bit because that's what we do.

We are starting a fund that will go directly to Danny's paypal or his mailing address. That info can be received via PM from daboyz, just pm him and he'll pm you the info....anything will help. @daboyz .....Thank you

Also, if anyone has ties or connections with hotels in Colorado Springs please post up or PM Danny the info.. He will need the hotel 3-4 weeks because he won't be able to return home to the higher elevations due to the procedure.

Thanks guys
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    OK ladies and gentlemen as you know we go to bat when we can for fellow Polkies. Danny is a humble man and was reluctant for me to make an announcement, but of course as usual I leaned on him a bit because that's what we do.

We are starting a fund that will go directly to Danny's paypal or his mailing address. That info can be received via PM from daboyz, just pm him and he'll pm you the info....anything will help. @daboyz .....Thank you

Also, if anyone has ties or connections with hotels in Colorado Springs please post up or PM Danny the info.. He will need the hotel 3-4 weeks because he won't be able to return home to the higher elevations due to the procedure.

Thanks guys

Thanks TX for posting this. This is a great community, lets see if we can't raise enough awareness to get that hotel bill covered. A month is a hotel ain't cheap, so lets see if we cant make this happen. Maybe the address and name of the hotel so we can call the front desk and chip in there would be cool too.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Prayers sent your way.Hope for a speedy recovery.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. Hoping for a FULL recovery.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery Danny.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    Dan let me know about your pricing for the VR rig and I will see if I can help get that sold. I have a ton of friends in the Vr community and can ask around and find a buyer.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    May the Lord guide the surgeons hand.. Then for successful recovery!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dan let me know about your pricing for the VR rig and I will see if I can help get that sold. I have a ton of friends in the Vr community and can ask around and find a buyer.
    How about we help him as best we can and help him keep a few things before we start drooling over the stuff he has to sell. There is a reason I have you on the IL, thanks for showing it is well deserved.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Wow guys, can't really say that I'm surprised at all the support because I know that's who we are, but very encouraging and helpful nonetheless.

I can't thank everyone enough, all the support means more than you can know.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Ain't no thang, Danny Boy! We'll see if we can get something better than the No-tell Motel by the stripclub/truck stop to stay in.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    How about we help him as best we can and help him keep a few things before we start drooling over the stuff he has to sell. There is a reason I have you on the IL, thanks for showing it is well deserved.

I am 'helping' get a buyer as he mentioned he is going to have to sell it. If you have a problem with me helping another member who needs funds then that's silly.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Guys your missing the point, Dan needs money and he will not be able to play VR for a long time to come. There are new cheaper units that are also wireless coming and Christmas so it won't be worth as much and he is Ina pickle for funds needed . This is not a piece of audio gear and it's intense on your vision as I own one so I know. Dan is the one who mentioned he is going to get rid of it. Really I know you may not like me but let's just focus on getting the our forum member some money as quick as possible. I am all for helping so let's focus on that alone.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

John, may I PM you about something?
    Anytime, my friend...

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Prayers sent your way for a successful procedure and recovery. I can certainly relate having had a lifetime of eye problems myself.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Sorry to hear this hope all goes well on the 20th good luck.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Lord Vader
    Options
    May the healing POWER of the force be with you.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    Danny,
    I can mostly only echo what all the other guys have said at this point. Such a great outpouring of support. Your positive attitude about this situation just absolutely blows me away, man. Makes me feel like a little B for some of the stuff I get worked up about, sometimes. When I read your post the other day, I was left with such a mix of feelings - shock, sadness, worry and concern, hope, and, rather unexpectedly, - feeling personally inspired by your grounded positivity in spite of what you're facing.

Keeping you in my thoughts, hoping all goes well with a successful procedure, speedy recovery, and best expected outcome, with your vision stable for many years to come. Sending positive thoughts your way.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Yeah, PFB's heart is in the right place. Now if Danny does eventually decide to sell some gear, it must be said: PFB, we can't have you in charge of shipping. o:)
    Other than that, it's all good.

In the meantime, Plug & Chug Danny, it's all good if you let it.
    Sal Palooza
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    Hoping all goes well for your surgery.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    did the go fund me page ever get started? I know Danny has a paypal account that can be used to gift funds also. hope this helps.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Yes, is there a go fund me account? How can I help?
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Praying for you. Wish you a speedy recovery. Pardon my ignorance, what is a "VR" that is being mentioned that pfb wants to help sell?
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I believe PFB's intentions were good. Let's get back to pulling together.
    Agreed. Best wishes and more to Danny!