using 1 sub for 2 devices ??

For the longest time I used my Klipch sub woofer only into my Yamaha RX-V665avr. It served me well, so good it hassled the upstairs neighbors to where I had to tune it down. Now because I now use this Sony TA=E2000ESD for my pre/amp through pre/outs into my Adcom and this Sony does have 2 sub woofer outs. I said cool ,so I tried a Monster Cable Y plug to receive the signal from my Klipsch sub and then split it to the 2 devices. Not so much. I can't hear the sub in either devices and just early this morning I took the Y splitter apart and just for now it's in the Sony pre and the Yamaha is lonely for a sub. When Klipsch said to use only the white RCA female in rear for a signal I did and got said signal. I tried using the red RCA and nothing no touch hum as you would get from a live sub end. So what is the answer here ? I did try calling Klipsch but because of the holiday of course they were out. Do I need 2 subs to do what I want or is there another way ???
Oh, music, movies, i-net radio, fm, t.v. get sourced from the Yamaha through 2 RCA jacks to tuner in of the Sony so the Yamaha is rarely used but for the occasional movie or blu/ray.

Mr. convoluted Leftwinger out
happy holidays
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Have you verified that the sub will play when only connected to Sony subwoofer output connector?

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • You will probably need to get a switch. One of those 4 in and 1 outs RCA switches. That is what I am using to do the same thing you want. I have two systems using the same sub. The only downside is you have to switch it every time or I think they make auto sensing ones now. Once it see a signal it activates that RCA path.
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • Deuce dude, thanks, most of the folks over on AK said it was a bad idea. Besides my room even if I wanted dual sub woofers logistics of my room won't allow it. I just ordered a NAD 1020a pre/amp from Audio Classics it does not have a sub out. I've had one before and loved it w/ the brightness of my Adcom. I think this is now a mute issue but thanks again. Yes I'm giving up the remote of the Sony TD-E2000 but have better control.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc