Not that anyone cares, closed on my new house in Prescott AZ

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Ron that's the other end of the room (low end), I don't want to put all of my stuff in front of the windows.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited October 2016
    Is there another room you can use or are you stuck with this one ?

Putting audio against that slope is going to sound funky.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nothing that some black paint couldn't spruce up...
    nez039mp1udi.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I would but your HT stuff in there the best way for your lifestyle and just put a 2channel in a dining area or extra room to enjoy your music
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Thanks for all of the good wishes! It looks like a Taco Bell but it is nice inside lol.bi6ghn6ltwlb.jpgjcnx7i1jr47h.jpg

Congrats! Now can I get a chalupa??
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • afterburnt
    tonyb wrote: »
    Is there another room you can use or are you stuck with this one ?

Putting audio against that slope is going to sound funky.

That sucks, that will be the (Parlor set up, see my sig) but I do have the choice of 3 bedrooms for the 2 channel setup.v09hgxa0tdtj.jpg
    7ybi9ilr6q0g.jpg
    wdeed2efxhr4.jpg
  • afterburnt
    First one is the Master the others are bedroom 2&3. My old lady says it's her dream home and I was like "cool all of my sound will fit in it" lol
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Is that Prescott or Prescott Valley? Just curious
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Looks very nice. Awesome scenery!
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • afterburnt
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Is that Prescott or Prescott Valley? Just curious

Prescott Yavapai Hills, on the edge between the valley.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Daggum Bruce! Sweet abode. Tile floors? Not to harsh your buzz...but it'll ring like the Taco Bell. :o
    But other than that minor detail, I say it's beautiful. Congrats to you and the family.

Tony! I said no tomato in my burrito! Dangit!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Very nice, man. And what a great view.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Tony! I said no tomato in my burrito! Dangit!

Should be no beans ;)

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony, if you were able to do fine dining more often, you'd realize that Taco Bell offers Pepsi products, not Coke. :)

I'll take a #5 and hey: when are you going to offer the Volcano Tacos again !!

Nice abode and view, afterburnt. If the SO is happy, that's half the battle. Getting the tunes dialed in is a lot easier than getting the other half dialed in.

..... not that I care. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Awesome that you are moving down! Guessing my directions got you there when we met up not too long ago. Prescott isn't bad in the summer so you should be good year round as long as you like a *cold* winter.

*Cold coming from a native Phoenician*
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Mui Bueno Bruce nice looking Casa congrats!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Congrats brother.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • A beautiful place and location.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyb
    A beautiful place and location.

That's actually a double edged sword. Those of us with beautiful scenery around us at home....tend to never want to leave home. We become hermits of sorts. Family and friends start wondering what happened to you and start searching obituaries in case they missed something. Going on vacation doesn't have that luster it used to. Even the dog won't run away no matter how much you entice him.

Nice views the man has, a glass of wine and a propane fire pit out on that balcony and he may never come inside.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Welcome to the land of the FREE. Make sure you keep it that way. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Congrats! Looks good. I have an uncle in Chandler.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Nice crib, Awesome vista!
    Congrats, dog!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • afterburnt
    edited October 2016
    steveinaz wrote: »

"I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? ****! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here."

It's like going over the Berlin wall lol
  • tonyb
    steveinaz wrote: »

"I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? ****! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here."

It's like going over the Berlin wall lol

LOL......I've gotta use that one. Good analogy, lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    z3snflhczk92.jpg

Afterburnt, if you don't mind me asking, is that floor wood, tile or laminate? My wife was looking at something similar.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • afterburnt
    Thornton it's laminate.
  • tat
    tat Posts: 159
    edited October 2016
    I dunno what you are escaping, but it seems almost impossible to get away from the strip mall sprawl and accompanying traffic. I actually think the denser populated areas have become better in this area perhaps bc there is no space for new construction and the roads have already been improved to handle the traffic (places like NJ/NE corridor). I just moved to Charleston and the above is insane, much worse than NE NJ near Manhattan. California also ironically has lower prop'ty taxes than similar places due to caps on increases; this is why the prop'ty values continue to skyrocket there while increase in rent simultaneously is kept down vs. other places (like NJ). Good luck at your new place, that part of the country seems very susceptible to market fluctuations now, but the low humidity is terrific if you can stand the daytime heat. But all the social engineering policies that are affecting the housing market etc. other places is quickly becoming rooted in places that have largely been spared the unintended consequences previously. And new construction/ownership is a primary target of these (often) local policies.

For reference prop'ty taxes on a absolutely avg. middle class track house in NE NJ that is 100 years old and needs work (expensive under new codes) will run you $20,000./yr. Yes, that is correct; $5,000. quarterly!!! One can no longer retire there even if their house is paid off unless they have a public pension or don't mind blowing their life's savings (and family legacy) on half-million dollars on prop'ty taxes from ages 65-85.

Pics look great. Gotta little shoulder room for yourself too apparently. I love Big Sky country and there are lots of intelligent "eccentrics" out there that make life fun and keep it interesting.
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free...
  • afterburnt
    tat, I am escaping a state government that has been on the cutting edge of stupidity for decades and a populace that cheers this garbage on. California is a great place if it wasn't for the people. Geographically it is one of the most diverse and beautiful states in the union too bad the politics ruins that. It is certainly not worth the premium for the weather, which lately has been two seasons, the fire season and the dusty season.