OPPO BDP-93 versus BDP-103 wireless streaming

Options
Can anybody tell me if there is any noticeable difference in audio quality between the 2? Eventually I plan to hard wire them but for the time being I'll be doing wireless to the network.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• honestaquarian
    Options
    I used to have a 93 and wondered what the diff was between the two as they look almost identical. I even wrote to Oppo to ask and they said the 103 has the faster processor. Then Oppo released the firmware update which allows the 103 to stream DSD (*Direct Stream Digital-the ultra high resolution 1 bit technology behind the SACD*) in two as well as five channel formats. I asked Oppo if the 93 could do that as well and they said it couldn't. So I quickly said hello to the 103 and goodbye to the 93 and haven't looked back since. ;)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Thanks! I already had the 93 and just picked up the 103 for a good price. Waiting on delivery.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.