G-2s Gear

Options
2»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    Options
    ^yup that's why I need to hear chanes at some point. But the lack of good surrounds makes me hesitant to think about a switch.

And mixing the LSi F/x dome tweeters with planar magnetic also gives me the willies lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    For HT purposes really no need to worry as the rear surrounds are such light duty IMHO, would only be concerned if you listen to 5chnl music.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    For HT purposes really no need to worry as the rear surrounds are such light duty IMHO, would only be concerned if you listen to 5chnl music.

The issue is they don't have keyhole mounts and are rear ported so you need brackets which make them stick out a lot farther than the wall than my current ones.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    I'd say it does. I would suggest posting some details about how it will be packed to ship as IIRC its a HEAVY SOMBITCH.
    I agree! I've shipped about five 40-55lbs AVRs to different parts of the Country. I've had great success lining an oversized box with cheap Styrofoam panel from the building section of Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, etc. https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/insulation/insulation-panels/c-5779.htm?sortby=priceAsc

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/how-to-pack-an-amp-edit-or-not-pics-included.705881/

However, at 120Lbs+ I think the wood crate methods should be used.
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-pack-a-large-receiver-for-ultimate-survival.411581/
    SDC11080.jpg
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Those hard foam insulation sheets (it's not Styrofoam) are fantastic. I like to double box really good and/or heavy gear and use in between the boxes. I've also used it in place of missing factory packing. Highly recommended!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Those hard foam insulation sheets (it's not Styrofoam) are fantastic. I like to double box really good and/or heavy gear and use in between the boxes. I've also used it in place of missing factory packing. Highly recommended!!!

yes, absolutely. I have successfully shipped many large speakers and subs using just one solid box and a couple layers of that foam. Would it prevent a forklift?? probably not, but it will prevent damage from the usual careless handling...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • WTS
    WTS Posts: 170
    Options
    Forklifts can do great damage.

Several years ago, there was a classical musical instrument on eBay for an incredibly cheap price. It turned out that it had been owned by a major overseas orchestra; but, during an overseas tour, the tines of a forklift had pierced the heavy wooden crate and the wood case and shattered one piece of it. The insurance company paid out the claim, and was trying to reclaim (legitimately) some of the money by selling the remains on eBay.

A friend of mine bought it and had it restored. I played on it in the first days after he retrieved it from the repairman. It now plays beautifully. He got a bargain.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    @TampaPolkFan, it's a great thing you are doing for Geoff's family, and I'm sure you are busy, but I have sent several PM's with no response. Please get back to me.
  • TampaPolkFan
    Options
    Sorry Dave its been crazy busy for me the past week. I sent you a pm. There are several asking about the mk's . I am meeting with the family today, they are "supposed" to start taking money and shipping as of today. I will keep everyone posted.

Keep me in your prayers. I lost one of my best buddies now on Thursday, and I am struggling. Stuggling..... to keep moving forward...
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Mike - so sorry for your loss. It's been a rough month. :'(
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Hang in there and keep pushing to move through this.
  • TampaPolkFan
    Options
    Life goes on. I think we have found someone a bit closer to help with some of this. I am doing everything I can to help this along. Hopefully I will have answers soon.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    TampaPolkFan, check your PM's, I will take the Parasound phono stage if still available.
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    My impression is that Tampa is no longer supporting this. It is not clear who is, but perhaps we'll get some clarity soon.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I have mixed feelings on this. It's a hard time for Geoff's family & friends. It would be nice to support them. I get that. On the other hand, I don't think Tampa is ready to conduct transactions in the timely manner we've all come to expect from sellers on this forum.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    Right. The original rationale was that the family needed the financial resources, thus some of the eagerness on the forum. Perhaps their situation has changed. Communication, as always, is key.