For Sale: SPEAKERS!!! Harbeth, Magnepan, Salk, Usher, Polk, SVS... and a TV.

Options
13»

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Folks, if anyone is really interested, I can probably work out shipping on all of this stuff. I have the original boxes for all the speakers.

Shipping cost for the Mini Dancer to 78086 please. Business address.

For a more accurate quote to me, please go with 76086 as the zip :#
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Same here, but to 40056.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    Options
    went by magnolia audio at best buy to listen to the sonus faber olympica at $10 TO $12k and back home to my $5k usher mini dancer 2 dmd's. all I can say is jump on these ushers at this price.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • falconcry72
    Options
    I owe a few folks shipping quotes. I am moving as we speak and probably won't get to it until Tuesday. For the MD2s, it'll be 250-3.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    If shipping is less than $300, the MD2;s will have found a new home. I sympathize with you Ben. I moved about 3 months ago...no fun.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • kharp1
    Options
    Ben was helpful with his assistance and input on the MD2's. At the original price I was interested and tried to work it out, but, the time to go pick them up and other equipment stopped me from grabbing them. Plus, when I consider cost of going to pick them up (renting an SUV, overnight stay, night out eating oysters) I decided I'd order a new pair from Skip. This price is killing me. I have to accept that the timing is just a bit off.

Hope the shipping works out for you @PSOVLSK as I know my desire to get this speaker in my system is pretty freakin great. I just have a path I'm following and can't detour from it.
  • TampaPolkFan
    Options
    I only get paid twice a month. If you still have the 705's on the 15th I think I am going to add another set to my collection. :)
  • falconcry72
    Options
    Hi folks, just a quick update: the Usher MD2's were shipped today to PSOVLSK. Paul, I really hope you enjoy them. I hadn't messed with them in a while and was reminded of how manly/beautiful the walnut is and how substantial and well built the cast iron base system is.

LSiM 705's, Magnepan 1.7's, and Panny Plasma still available.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • TampaPolkFan
    Options
    705's have a buyer... ☺
  • TampaPolkFan
    Options
    Pm sent. Ready to pay...
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Guess what's being delivered to me tomorrow :D:D:D:D

Please don't let me be posting pfb-esque photos tomorrow. No, I'm not talking about me standing next to my new speakers wearing skinny jeans :p
  • kharp1
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    Guess what's being delivered to me tomorrow :D:D:D:D

Please don't let me be posting pfb-esque photos tomorrow. No, I'm not talking about me standing next to my new speakers wearing skinny jeans :p

Please, don't let it be true! Not a fellow polkie wearing "skinny jeans!"
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    3bdd02bef81d82f1f562091757b2741c.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,027
    Options
    @PSOVLSK - Congrats! Those are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Hope they sound as good as they look!
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    MD2's made it to Texas safe and sound. Only bad thing about today is that I didn't get home to unbox them until about 10:00 :( Tomorrow I won't be home until about 11:00. I hope to get them somewhat set up once I get off work on Saturday.

Thanks again Ben.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Thank god...I was just scrolling through this thread to see if the Ushers were still available. Thank you for relieving me of the temptation @PSOVLSK
    I should spend time with my Silverline Audios anyway!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Paul leave them in the box laid on there side with all the foam rail packs intact. Open the end of the box exposing the bottom of the speakers. You may slide the speaker out a little.

Get some help but hold the base (heavy ****) and have someone put in the screws.
    Once base is on you can install the spikes if you will be using them.

Once your ready tilt the speaker back up and then pull the box off from the top and unveil these beauties

If you have low ceilings the you will need to lean the speaker over to get the box off.

Congrats
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Paul leave them in the box laid on there side with all the foam rail packs intact. Open the end of the box exposing the bottom of the speakers. You may slide the speaker out a little.

Get some help but hold the base (heavy ****) and have someone put in the screws.
    Once base is on you can install the spikes if you will be using them.

Once your ready tilt the speaker back up and then pull the box off from the top and unveil these beauties

If you have low ceilings the you will need to lean the speaker over to get the box off.

Congrats
    I'd already unboxed them before I read this. Seems like an obvious way to unpack them. Simple and safe. Of course, this isn't exactly how I did it. Took me a little more time and effort as well as putting the speakers at more risk, but I did get them unboxed and hooked up. Thanks, Ron.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Oh well, more than one way to skin a cat. I've learned through trial and tribulations moving them and other gear around for show.

Enjoy my friend enjoy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • falconcry72
    Options
    Update: The LSiM-705's are shipping to TampPolkFan today, thanks Mike.

Maggies and Panny still available.

• TampaPolkFan
    Options
    Thank you as well Ben !!!
  • TampaPolkFan
    Options
    They arrived fine the boxes however are destroyed. I wasn't going to keep 4 sets of boxes anyways so no biggie. Thanks Ben, they are flawless. They look unused !!!!
  • falconcry72
    Options
    Glad they made it safe and sound. Enjoy!