Done for now

Options
haimoc
haimoc Posts: 1,031
edited September 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
After taking Joey's Cary 306 SACD to replace my previous Sony SCD-1 and Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD, I am done for now. 3uhewfqd6yrh.jpeg

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Nice. Nice. Nice. Now add some bass traps and other reflection/absorbing material to the corners and back wall.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • haimoc
    Options
    I made a few bass traps a few years ago. I need to move them to this brand new room in the basement that was just finished.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Looks great!!!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Great!

I'm glad you had the foresight to add the qualifier "for now". :)

What are the other electronics, cables, and speakers?

The speakers do not appear to be toed in. Was this just for photo's sake or are they actually run without toe in?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • haimoc
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I tried to position the Totem Wind (with Plinus preamp and amplifiers) for awhile. This is their final spot.. and they are very slightly toed in.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I was also going to mention toe-in, but didn't. So you are saying in this room you get better sound stage with the speakers parallel to the wall versus with toe-in? I'm not arguing. Just curious. Every month or so, I tweak my toe-in between pointed straight at me to parallel, and enjoy each position. However, I always end up with toe in.

Anyway, on a different subject. Do you have a dust cover for the VPI Classic? I'm not into turntables now, but dust used to kill me when I was.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • haimoc
    Options
    Yes, I have a dust cover for it.
  • Polkaguy58
    Options
    It's never done...............until you are.......and then someone else will take over.
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    Nice Rig! What's the model # for these Plinius Mono? I wonder why you get rid of SCD-1? It takes a little long to read discs and loading but still one of the best SACD transport out there to this age. The problem is the lack of parts for maintenance if an issue arises.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • haimoc
    edited September 2016
    Options
    They are SA-102s. Honestly, the SACD player that I like the most was the Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista; however, its transport was broken and unreplaceable. The SCD-1 was a good SACD player, too, but I let it go to try something new.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    That system looks great Vu... I am impressed and glad you are done. I like the dual 102, looks like a beast of a pair.

Would love to come and hear someday if I'm ever around.

How do you like the Cary 306?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Great setup but I would hate all that bending to put a record on or load a disc.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    Great setup but I would hate all that bending to put a record on or load a disc.
    It's not that bad, bend with your legs hehe
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • brianle
    brianle Posts: 572
    Options
    Great looking setup. Pretty it sounds excellent too.
  • haimoc
    Options

I am learning Japanese tradition to bow, it should work fine.

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    haimoc wrote: »

I am learning Japanese tradition to bow, it should work fine.

A solution to every problem. Kuddo's. :)
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Where did you get those stands and amp stands? They look like just what I need
  • haimoc
    Options
    brianle wrote: »
    Great looking setup. Pretty it sounds excellent too.

Thanks Brian. I am pleased with this stereo system.

• Joey_V
    Options
    You should put up more photos and close ups. Your system is really stunning Vu. I like the Cary 306 look as well. Very nice and deserving of the top spot on your shelf
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Impressive setup....
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    That is one GOOD looking system!

I have not been able to get my ears on the Totems that far up the line, but I really like what they put out.

From what I've found, Totem speakers do very well with little to no toe in.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Looks great, and probably sounds even better. I really love silver gear (I used to hate it), but man does it look good. Love your racks too, very nice.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• haimoc
    Options
    Thanks all for nice comments.
  • jumpindick
    Options
    Great set up. Enjoy.
  • Mike Reeter
    Options
    Beautiful Rig, looks like a "sound" investment. Now, treat the room and then you will be done ;) N'joy!!!
  • haimoc
    Options
    Beautiful Rig, looks like a "sound" investment. Now, treat the room and then you will be done ;) N'joy!!!

Yes, I plan to do so, too. I am planning the layout of my existing DIY sound panels in the room. Hopefully, I am not too lazy to finish this job. Thanks.

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Beautiful looking setup!!!!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    Options
    You can buy from GIK acoustics, probably better than diy and they're not too costly Vu
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    very very nice. congrats
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Super nice Showcase System! Kudos!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD