msg's HiFi Berry - Raspberry Pie!

Options
voltz
voltz Posts: 5,384
Scott, (msg) made a dac/streamer using the Raspberry pi & a hifi berry dac kit that he put together for me and then using "Team-viewer" he was able to hack in to my Music-PC and setting everything up for me using the Logitech music server software as I never would have figured this out!

Now using the "Orange Squeeze" app on my kindles tablet I can now play & stream my entire music library to my 2 channel setup.

I just hooked up the RCA outputs to source #3 on my preamp and I have music :) and it really sounds great as all my files are either ALAC or FLAC.

5im49zgt47ot.jpg
arwpouelafzh.jpg

Thanks again for everything Scott! I'm having a blast playing around and learning how this all works.

I'm Finally STREAMING :p
2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Rock on! @msg may need to post a how to thread on this as I'm intrigued....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    fantastic D, glad you're enjoying it so far. just trying to give back a little for all the generosity you've shown me and many others in our journeys B)

Yeah, I've been meaning to pull together a write-up, so I'll work on that. I've been playing with this for a few months off and on, synced with other Squeezeboxii, and going off of a few other builds I've seen. I'm currently enjoying a similar setup in the office system with an older AVR, RT25I's and sub. This is the most modest system I'm running, and my favorite for immersion. I'm even beginning to experience some of the imaging I've seen you guys talk about sometimes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I enjoyed it all day long until I ran the battery down on my Kindle Tablet :p and had to switch to Vinyl.

It was fun playing stuff I normally would never have played on my 2 channel setup and with the whole library available I was playing so wild stuff. forgive me but some of the "Thompson Twins stuff sounded pretty good after all these years. Think the last time I heard them was on MTV :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Rock on! @msg may need to post a how to thread on this as I'm intrigued....

I agree. I'd love to attempt this but don't know if I have the skills. Nice work msg!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    That's friggin' awesome
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is cool. I started working on the write-up. It'll look like a lot, but really, guys, these things aren't very difficult to build at all. I was overwhelmed with all the options at first, but once you get into it, it's really not bad. There are other distributions, too. A couple of the guys have built similar streaming audio devices on different platforms. This one works like a Squeezebox. Cool thing with the Raspberry Pi is that you're only a MicroSD card away from a completely different device altogether.

In the meantime, if you guys do a search for "Raspberry Pi" you can see all the other projects people have done. I chose piCorePlayer because I wanted access to streaming Internet services and sync capability with Logitech Media Server and other players. If all you want is high-res off a local external USB or NAS, Rune Audio looks like a good option. I haven't had a chance to mess with it.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/search?Search=Raspberry+pi
    I disabled signatures.
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    Options
    Streaming is the BOMB!! :)