Please tell me how I can do this

Options
warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
I am using a RT3000p sub only for my side speaker with a Lexicon dc-2. I just found out from Ken that there is no high pass crossover on the unit. I have my side amp speaker outputs wired into the sub and then out to my RTA-11t's. Basically, I am sending full range signal to the sub and the speaker. How can I limit the fequency that goes to the speaker. I want any signal over 40 HZ to go to the speaker and anything under to go to the sub. The speaker/sub are too far away from the preamp to use any connection except speaker cable. Is there any way to do this? Thanks, Jeff
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • warlocks1
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Thanks, but the link doesn't pull up anything but the web page and a search function
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    Options
    go to cc and buy what is called a bass blocker you put in line and works good
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Yes Jeff your in luck,
    you can pick up some 18x2 shielded with a drain for your line level run to the sub.Set your mains to small in the dc-2(nice I put on in last month)pick up some solder for the end's and your on your way.use the sub preout's any Y them.Interesting that you didn't complete the rt3000p's??
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Hello Jeff,
    It is difficult to use a series capacitor for such a low frequency, the value would be very high and would begin degrading the sound. For an 80 Hz high pass filter you could use a 330 uFd non-polarized capacitor with a .01 uFd metal film capacitor connected in parallel. This would result in a 6 dB/octave high pass filter.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • warlocks1
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Thanks gentlemen, but this stuff is way over my head. I ended up putting the Polk RT3000 sub in the family room (behind one of those fake ficus palnts, the wife didn't even notice it) and moving my Eosone sub (from the extra's closet) which has a high pass filter to my side speaker. It doesn't have nearly the power or low end, but it sounds fine. Now I have a Sunfire MKII for LFE, CS1000p for center, Yamaha YST-160 for one side and the Eosone for the other. Hopefully, I will upgrade the side subs soon. Thanks again