Brews and Tunes @lightman1

Hey Buddy, I'm still down for a few beers and some tunes. Like I mentioned in the CAF thread I'm available the Jul. 20-22. I still need to make that appointment for my puppy on one of those days. I'll keep you informed.

But just to up date ya on what we will be listening to the Monitor 10As with will be a 120 wpc Sansui amp ( also with the deal is a tuner and a piece I wont dare to mention but it rhymes with eqnicer). Pardon the bad joke. (I know what you mite be thinking but I already have a few Sansui pieces so I'm looking forward to building a small collection). I'll be receiving it from a IT guy at work that wants to sell them to someone that'll use/enjoy them. Currently they are residing in his basement and is going to let me sample them (in my own listing space) before I purchase them. Not to mention its nearly what makes no difference to me four times the power of my Kenwood KR-3600. I should be taking delivery of it tomorrow. Not yet sure of the model of the amp yet. BUT I'll keep the rest of you all informed because I'd like to hear your opinions.

Anyways, I'm going to have a long day at work tomorrow so I'm gonna go ahead and crash now.

Later Dudes.
2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'd think about a bug bomb to get those mites out of the equipment.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Ain't no thang chicken wang. Just say the word and mi casa et su casa.

And I have four Shi Tzu. Bring the puppy.
  • lightman1
    Eff you too, Josh.
  • Nightfall
    Ahhh come on. I was just Joshin'.

• Nightfall
    @HzTweaker What kind of pup did you get?

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'd think about a bug bomb to get those mites out of the equipment.

Hahaha I'll consider the bug bomb. Lord only knows how long the gear has been in his basement.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Ain't no thang chicken wang. Just say the word and mi casa et su casa.

And I have four Shi Tzu. Bring the puppy.

If you have a fenced yard I'll conceder bringing her, But I must warn you she is a hand full!

@Nightfall She is a sable German Sheppard and she is five months old.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    A 5 month old G.S., OH YEAH.....she's a handful. Throw up some pics bro.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • HzTweaker
    @tonyb I'll post some photos later this evening when I get home. I'm currently at work (so I'll be singing off soon). Plus I left for work and didn't grab my phone.. .
  • HzTweaker
    tonyb wrote: »

g0mozehkztwn.jpg
    r3qgm5amwf7g.jpg
    vdfs5lqakty5.jpg
    e5ejf3qt09cp.jpg
  • HzTweaker
    So I said that I was getting the gear today but I didn't. The IT guy is a scatter brain. He originally said He'd have them on Tuesday this week but has forgotten everyday so far. I was going to ask him if he forgot today if he had second thoughts on selling them. Before I had a chance he said he'd have them for sure tomorrow and he would take $25 off the selling price.. .
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

g0mozehkztwn.jpg
    r3qgm5amwf7g.jpg
    vdfs5lqakty5.jpg
    e5ejf3qt09cp.jpg

Good looking dog. If she grows into those paws you're gonna have a monster.
  • HzTweaker
    Yeah, I'm anticipating she reaches at least 80lbs. She is five months and is already half the size of my parents Sheppard. He is abit distracted wait for me to pick up the ball and throw it. fz9turhfxodf.jpg
  • jwb0007
    jwb0007 Posts: 62
    Good looking dogs! But, how can you not love the look and conformation of a Shepherd? I say that as the former "owner" of 2 magnificent Dobermans. Enjoy your pup!
    Jim
    St. Louis, MO

AVRs: Yamaha RX-A2030, Onkyo TX-NR646
    Speakers: BIC FH6-LCR x 3, BIC FH-65B x 2, Polk RTi6 x 2, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
    Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Polk PSW10, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    My last dog was a Shepherd mix. Best dog ever. Sure do miss that guy.

By the way, is that your Econoline? Think I've seen a description of that van on some Unsolved Mysteries episodes...
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Nice pup, your gonna need them Shepards,to keep ol Russ at bay better bring them with you, Russ can put those cold ones down you better bring plenty.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • HzTweaker
    JPete wrote: »
    My last dog was a Shepherd mix. Best dog ever. Sure do miss that guy.

By the way, is that your Econoline? Think I've seen a description of that van on some Unsolved Mysteries episodes...

The Econoline??.. You mean the "jump and grab"? Yeah I've been meaning to paint "rare pokemon inside" for a while now.. . Bad joke. B)

It's my neighbors who I have never met because he lives in Florida full time. Good news for me and my stereo rig.
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Nice pup, your gonna need them Shepards,to keep ol Russ at bay better bring them with you, Russ can put those cold ones down you better bring plenty.

"Russ can put those cold ones down you better bring plenty." Thanks for the advice @gudnoyez .
  • HzTweaker
    So I got the Sansui gear today. The integrated amp and tuner models are AU-317.. The amp needs a major cleaning overhaul. I'll take before and after photos, and the tuner just needs some cosmetic touch ups. Any of you all have any experience with this particular model.. Or have and advice on how to effectively clean this thing? I already have the Deoxit on standby just encase..
  • HzTweaker
    Okay, There is good news and ugly news. The tuner is ok, by that I mean it picks up many more stations than the KR equipped with the same antenna. . . The amp is a basket case. After cleaning up many years of dust I noticed that the caps have EXPIRED! So I didn't even bother with posting pictures. Over all the Kenwood is still the "top dog". As for the Sansui the only reason why I'd buy the gear is because of entertaining the idea of replacing the caps in the amp.
  • lightman1
    Matt sucks. He showed up and shat upon my couch.
  • lightman1
    But in other news....Me thinks we have another convert
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

You need need to be specific....some of your ways are different than others ;):D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2016
    Matt sucks. He showed up and shat upon my couch.

Atta boy Matt B) Are you guys giving the Rogue a workout and if so where's the pictures.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You need need to be specific....some of your ways are different than others ;):D

Tunes and presentation dipshart! Though my system failed to represent.
  • Nightfall
    edited July 2016
    I thought maybe we had another Buzzov*en and Weedeater fan.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Need to drag him to LSAF next year and chill out and see the sound stage ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640

System fail. That what she said ..
  • HzTweaker

I defiantly think I'm going to stick around for a while. Thanks for the hospitality, tell Linda her home fries were awesome!
  • HzTweaker
    Hello All,

I have invited @lightman1 over for brews and tunes on October 23rd. He'll be driving through my neck of the woods then on his journey from @DSkip 's 2016 Fall Audio Bash- North Texas. I have informed him that the fridge with be stocked with refreshment. I'm posting now to extend the invitation to any one around the Western parts of NC and are free that afternoon/evening.
  • lightman1
    Sweet! Eff Mondays!
  • HzTweaker
    nbrowser wrote: »

You do know Russ has a problem "watering" bushes....protect them, ok? :)

10-4 :D