Disconnect block???

Options
LittleCar_w/12s
LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
edited October 2004 in Custom Fabrication
Does anyone know of such a thing as a disconnect block? IE. where it allows you to disconnect your power and rcas quickly? like without 4 different kinds of allen wrenches etc?

I know it means a security problem, it's easier to pull the system, but I plan on finding a way to hide such a mechanism, and I'll be using security bolts for the box (I'm thinking the special lug-bolts and weld a matching nut to the frame to bolt it into...)

One of us has got to have seen something like this out there... they make distro. blocks.. why not disco. blocks?

-Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
Post edited by LittleCar_w/12s on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    Options
    why not just pull the appropriate cable out of a distro?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited October 2004
    Options
    there is something where you can disconnect the power wire from the battery, or at least stop any power from going through it, its like $5. it connects to the battery terminal, if thats the kinda thing your looking for.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    Options
    no, what I'm looking for is something I can mount to my sub/amp-rack assembly on the edge, where it will allow me to pull the whole thing out without having cables lying everywhere... a place to terminate the incoming wires, and a place to run the assembly's wores to... if no, though, I can build a harness for it n/p but I was looking more along the lines of a hard-mounted block.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2004
    Options
    ive heard of something like that for power wire...
    for your rcas you can just get the shortest rca you can find and connect that with your main rca using a butt connector or something
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I'll probably end up making some sort of a plug-style harness...

• neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    Options
    perhaps combine two functions into one... put an inline fuse in the power cable, then you can just unscrew the thing and pop the fuse out when you need to... maybe 20 seconds tops... i vote cody's way for rca's, except they'd have to be really high quality connectors, or you will hear the difference... or, depending upon the headunit you've got... : my pioneer has a small pin plug that is female in the HU, and splits into 3 pairs of rca's:
    fh-p099md2_p04.jpg
    if you have something like this, maybe there's an extension cord of some sort to go in the pin plug, and you can disconnect the rca adapter from that more easily (i.e. a foot from your HU rather than on the back)?

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2004
    Options
    i have radio shack gold series y-splitters...they work great
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    Options
    how would they be applied here?