Parasound and Yamaha amps For Sale

Options
Need to move these amps this week to cover a bill past due. Will try to post pictures tonight. I will pack these to withstand anything UPS or FedEx does to them. Shipped from Johnson City TN zip 37604.

1. Parasound HCA-1000A. Nice shape I'd rate 8.5 out of 10. Works great. Enough power for all but the most demanding speakers. $225 plus shipping

2. Yamaha M-70 amp. Works fine. Cosmetically could be better. Call it a 6 or 6.5. $175 plus shipping.

3. Yamaha M-80 amp. A beast and weighs almost 75lbs. A legendary amp to some collectors. Definitely has the 80's look to it with red led power meters going up like KIT from Knight Rider. A couple binding posts on the back are tweaked and I only hooked up one set of speakers at a time so was not a problem for me. (Three sets of binding posts on back) Cosmetically about the same as other Yamaha around a 6 or 6.5. $300 plus shipping.

Feel free to PM me with ?'s or offers. Will probably be listing locally on CL for more $.
2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

Comments

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    interested in the 70 please hold onto it for a minute I have to check something and will let you know.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    @TNHNDYMAN

I may know someone interested in the Parasound. Let me check and get back with you....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    The guy I know is out.

You can lead a horse to water but....... :/
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    ^This is who mighta been interested @TNHNDYMAN , so dont hold it for me :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    Options
    ok, thanks for the nibbles. lol.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    PM sent @tnhndyman
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    PM replied to @Legender

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Msg has pm'd me interest in Parasound. He is 1st in line, just waiting on pics from me. Working today so will post tonight. Thanks. Lengender also is 1st in line for M-80. Will be working out details tonight as well. THanks.

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Finally got some pics....euegkbra9z8k.jpg
    mksodmfmfopc.jpg
    3894pk27b05r.jpg
    g95hvuhv0wij.jpg
    3kgx6nauwxjd.jpg
    bsepd2haagwc.jpg
    fkobw1vwvti6.jpg
    2owc5eprum9a.jpg
    kitrignm4wp9.jpg
    6fc9jermwkab.jpg
    h5wz27lvg8ms.jpg
    titbgaetxgyy.jpg
    w8nniru6e6uk.jpg
    ya6y4apndb04.jpg
    zwdyp6nq61nr.jpg
    qolj68ixahcl.jpg
    zgbvweez9h2i.jpg
    ktbr5uqw0gmp.jpg
    vwom34ul6v4g.jpg
    szj66b22mfdg.jpg
    z67x2t84mibz.jpg
    uxk2k20cmewn.jpg

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Sorry the pic order got messed up. Pics of Yamaha on green towel are of the M-70. The pics of Yamaha on ent stand are the M-80. The last pics are of the Parasound obviously :).

• EndersShadow
    Options
    I shouldn't have to state the obvious (but that never stopped me :smile: )

I've done deals with Travis before both as a buyer and a seller. Great easy transactions, items were packaged MORE than appropriately, shipped quick and all steps of the process communicated with no problem.

Buy with confidence.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    MAN, I miss my Parasound HCA-1000A... :(

If I were in a position to buy right now, I'd be all over it. It sounded so much better than the Carver TFM-25 I kept... (kicking myself). And, the Carver sounds pretty good, so the Parasound was just that much nicer!

GLWTS Travis!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Thank you Dan for the endorsement. I do have experience packing and shipping to forum members with no problems to date.

@scubalab - yes definitely a nice amp. Just have no good speakers to use it with anymore. I'll be looking for another one down the road I am sure.

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Also want to point out that the power cord on the m70 has been splice by previous owner. Had no problems with it, but I would probably replace if I were going to keep long term. It also has a crack in the glass where the meters display. Does not affect use at all. As stated previously the m80 does have some of the knobs for speaker wire on the back loose. This is a know problem with these amps. People try to pick them up and place against belly when carrying and the weight cracks the plastic knobs. A good tech can replace with quality binding posts no problem. I really do not know if all 3 inputs works for the speakers ... it has a, b, or c. I always just used the pair that were most secure and never tested the others. Also both yamaha's tend to have slight and I do mean slightly more output out of left channel than right. I used the gain knobs to compensate. Probably less 5%. Barely noticeable but there. These are 40 years old and could use a service to bring back to like new status. They are priced accordingly.

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Parasound is sold to forum member msg. Thank you Scott!

• scubalab
    Options
    Nice grab msg! Congrats on the sale Travis.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    Yamaha M-80 sold to forum member Legender. Thanks.

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Congrats on the sales.

I tried to talk a guy into that Parasound and he should have jumped on it!

They always say, "you can't fix stupid"...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    Thanks Travis and guys. Yeah, I've been kinda looking for a nice clean one of these for a while to complement the other Parasound gear. Nice deal on this unit, and was a pleasure talking to Travis. I think the HCA-1k is a pretty versatile little piece. As for plans, it may see center channel duty driving a 706c in a 3.1 with another Parasound HCA, and/or end up in a separate 2ch setup. Thanks Travis!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    Options
    ps.
    re-he-heaaaaally wanted to check out one of those Yamaha amps!
    Legendary amp goes to Legender; kinda fitting :)
    I disabled signatures.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Options
    Surprised no one is trying to snatch up that sweet Walkman.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    And it's going to Legendary too... even more fitting.
    Eventually.... their backlog is huge at the moment.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    Options
    That's the ticket - I had a Yamaha M-70 previously. The M-series amps are something else.

Every once in a while there's a Yamaha MX-10000 on Ebay, but it's Russian and 100v. Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MX-10000-/262456678429?hash=item3d1ba3181d:g:iPkAAOSwKtVWzs-n

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    JPete wrote: »
    Surprised no one is trying to snatch up that sweet Walkman.

I was saving that for audiogon. Figured I get more response there. Of course I could always try to talk the Dr. that keeps flipping 10K gear around and let him try it as a source with those B&W 803's. lol.

• TNHNDYMAN
    Options
    M-70 amp sold to forum member maingey. Thank you all amps are sold. Parasound shipped. M-80 will go out tomorrow and M-70 when I find a box.

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    Thx @TNHNDYMAN . Payment sent last night. I will get you that .pdf ASAP, take your time on the box.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    ps.
    re-he-heaaaaally wanted to check out one of those Yamaha amps!
    Legendary amp goes to Legender; kinda fitting :)

You're not missing anything.............plain ole' vanilla and pretty uninspiring amps even when new, IMO

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • scubalab
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :o Ooooo, someone just peed in Legender's and Maingey's Cheerios...

JK

To each their own - that's the beauty of trying different things for oneself. I've never heard the Yamaha amps. I'm sure they sound great to some, and horrible to others.
    Post edited by scubalab on
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey, different strokes for different folks. I just never understood what all the hella-ballo was about the late 80's and early 90's Yammy amps.

I tried to like them, but they are just so lifeless (not in a neutral kind of way).

YMMV and yes, that's what's great about this hobby.........lot's and lot's of choices to try.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    You're a buzzkill, B-rock.