New Member - Help needed from Experts or members

gopi_16
gopi_16 Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Forum Testing Area
I am in need of help from members

This is my first post. With the reviews and options i am really confused on the selection.

I am looking for a good quality a/v receivers and quality speakers. I would be happy to have both options of wireless and wire connected options.

pl guide me.
Post edited by gopi_16 on

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited January 2013
    Start with a budget.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gopi_16
    gopi_16 Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    budget of $5000/- pl give me an idea of the a/v reciever and the speaker make model etc
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited January 2013
    Pioneer Elite SC-68 AVR with Polk Audio LSiM or RTi A series speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    edited January 2013
    I think some more info is needed.
    How will the system be used-gaming, movies,music, and aprx how much each.
    Room size and cunstruction, type furnishing.
    Are you looking for all Polk or other brands, and possibly something you have heard that you liked.

Then you can prepare for a lot of different opinions/options.
  • timalan
    timalan Posts: 106
    edited January 2013
    Yep. $5K without a plan gives you infinite options.

Also, new or used? Polk Forums, Audiogon and other sites can stretch your budget to get you $10-$15K worth of gear for $5K out of pocket.
    5.1 theater - Pioneer SC-07, Mirage OMD-CC center, 4 x Mirage Omnisats, Boston Acoustics VPS-210 sub
    2.1 living room - NAD 7400 integrated, 2 x Platinum Audio Duos, MIT Terminator4 cables
    2.1 bedroom- Arcam Solo, 2 x Mirage OMD-5's
    FOR SALE - Genesis Servo-10 sub, Genesis Servo-12 amp; Martin Logan Dynamo sub; Mirage MM-6 sub; Harman Kardon DPR-1001 7.1 receiver
  • timalan
    edited January 2013
    Also, are you wanting a 5.1, 7.1, 2.0, 2.1, etc... setup? The amps and speakers for both will be radically different.

If you're looking at mostly music, then go 2.0 or 2.1...
    5.1 theater - Pioneer SC-07, Mirage OMD-CC center, 4 x Mirage Omnisats, Boston Acoustics VPS-210 sub
    2.1 living room - NAD 7400 integrated, 2 x Platinum Audio Duos, MIT Terminator4 cables
    FOR SALE - Genesis Servo-10 sub, Genesis Servo-12 amp; Martin Logan Dynamo sub; Mirage MM-6 sub; Harman Kardon DPR-1001 7.1 receiver
  • timalan
    edited January 2013
    Wow... sorry for the multiple posts; just keep thinking of other considerations...

Where do you currently have money invested? Do you own lots of CDs, records, DVDs, etc...? Or are you starting from scratch? In which case, consider an all-digital setup as being more future-proof.

Also, do you have ANY current resources that could help... for instance, a Macbook counts as a resource, since it makes a great source for a digital music collection.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited January 2013
    Yep $5000 will be one hell of a great system..
  • michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited January 2013
    For gopi_`6...WELCOME TO CLUB POLK.. You may want to give your checkbook to a trusted friend for the next several weeks so you can take your time and investigate the endless possibilities. However, with all of the combinations out there I feel one of the best may be that from F1nut with maybe the addition of an another amplifier to feed the RTI-A9's if you went up to the A9's. :razz:
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    edited January 2013
    I would like to offer my services as a personal shopper. Just sign over a few blank checks and... ;) Welcome to Club Polk!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited January 2013
    You guys scared him off...lol
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    edited January 2013
    Nobody ever wants to give me blank checks. The world is so unfair!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited January 2013
    Glad to see someone willing to spend a few dollars versus the "I want the best (fill in the blank) for $200 dollars". 5k is a reasonable starting point for a 5.1 HT system, which is AVR, speakers, sub, cables.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited January 2013
    You could do a full RTiA9 setup, Pioneer receiver, Amp, Cables, and a OPPO BDP.
  • jer1977
    jer1977 Posts: 1
    I have inherited 2 RTI9 cherry series plk tower speakers. I would like some opioid and or sound advice ( no pun intended) on what type of reciever to use. I am only looking to hook up towns only. No sound bar or other speaker. Thank you for your time
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Is this for 2 channel music or HT use?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    jer1977 wrote: »
    I would like some opioid ... advice

They're highly addictive and it's best to just stay away unless the pain is seriously affecting your quality of life.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited June 2016
    jer1977 wrote: »
    I have inherited 2 RTI9 cherry series plk tower speakers. I would like some opioid and or sound advice ( no pun intended) on what type of reciever to use. I am only looking to hook up towns only. No sound bar or other speaker. Thank you for your time

What type of receiver ?? One that has the most power you can find or one with pre outs and add an amplifier to them. The 9's thrive on current, something most receivers lack big time.

You inherited some nice speakers, congrats....but they also need nice playmates.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable