Please help, 3.1tl grill frame needed for resto-mod

Options
Working on a new project (3.1tl) and would love to find a replacement grill frame. The original frame was damaged by the previous owner (burned by a candle) and then snapped as I was attempting a repair. I just thought I would try before I am forced to make a new one.

Build thread to follow soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks!

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded

Comments

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    I would definetly post this in Wanted section also. Someone might just have one. Good luck with your search
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Also couldn't hurt to call Polk CS worst they could say is nope.
  • gwg_97
    gwg_97 Posts: 332
    Options
    Looks like I may have solved my problem with ome Titebond glue, clamps, and some bondo. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    I have a similar problem, only I am missing the entire grills. Does anyone have a pattern for one? I can easily create a couple with a pattern.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,909
    Options
    This really sucks guys, I had a set of grills a few years ago, nobody wanted them, got tired of looking at them, and pitched them, along with a set of RTi8 grills, and a set of 15tl grills.. :neutral:
  • soulsurfer
    soulsurfer Posts: 22
    Options
    Toolfan66 - this should teach you a valuable lesson. Always keep every random grill no matter the condish just for us...even if it takes years for us to claim one.

:wink:
    Carver TX-11b - Carver 4000t - Carver TFM45 x2 - Polk SDA SRS 2 (094 tweets) - RSL CG 8^2 (Howard's XO upgrade + driver upgrade = 350w rms and amazeball toanz)
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 450
    Options
    DollarDave wrote: »
    I have a similar problem, only I am missing the entire grills. Does anyone have a pattern for one? I can easily create a couple with a pattern.

What do you need for a pattern? I can take some basic measurements if you want.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • DollarDave
    Options
    lawdogg wrote: »
    DollarDave wrote: »

What do you need for a pattern? I can take some basic measurements if you want.

Yep, that's all I need so I can cut two mirrored front grills.
  • lawdogg
    Options
    Ok excellent I'll measure when I get home. If I still had a solidworks license I could make some dwgs for you, oh well.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

• lawdogg
    Options
    46.5" tall x 15.25" wide

One cross bar: 14.625" from bottom to top of the one cross-bar

The rest is open except for a small boss on each side for a peg hole, each comes in 2.125" from side for a peg hole located 14" from the top

3/4" gussets at each intersection

Framing is 1.25" wide and 0.5" thick

That work?
    <3 my 3.1TLs

• DollarDave
    Options