Best new center/surround match for LS90

Options
doctorg
doctorg Posts: 29
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
If I can't find a C350LS, or RT 7's, can someone suggest nearest match from currently available centers and surrounds? My Sony DA unit confgs for 5.1, and doesn't allow for rears and sides, so I would prefer to use sides due to open listening area.
Thanks,
doctorg
Skip
Post edited by doctorg on

Comments

• HUNTER
    HUNTER Posts: 78
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Check the flea market on this site I saw one there.
  • doctorg
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by HUNTER
    Check the flea market on this site I saw one there.

Not really-says not for sale?!? Appreciate the tipthough.:(
    Skip
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    The cs400 will work but won't be seemless.The 350ls is the correct center,try keeping your eye on ebay and audio gone,one will turn up.good luck
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • doctorg
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    The cs400 will work but won't be seemless.The 350ls is the correct center,try keeping your eye on ebay and audio gone,one will turn up.good luck

O K, I'll admit my ignorance...what is 'audio gone'? Tried audiogone.com & no such place.:(
    Skip
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    Options
    It is Audiogon.com Click HERE
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • tjschrad
    tjschrad Posts: 6
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I have a pair of LS90's, had them for over 12 years and love them. I am going with the CS400i for center, the F/X500i's for the rears, and the PSW450 for the sub.
    If you want to pick a CS400i you still can, Circuit City is selling them this week for $350. The line is closing out, and CSi40 center and the F/Xi50 surrounds don't have the trilam tweeter like our LS90's.
    Good luck trying to find a pair of F/X500i's, I think I got the last pair in St. Louis area and they are show room demos.
  • doctorg
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I had a chance to get a pr. of Fx300's and I'll try those. May not have quite the power, but hopefully, will be enough.

Any thoughts on speaker stands for the 300's? Also, do you have your LS 90's on stands? Mine are not now-just sit on carpet.
    Regards,
    Skip
    Skip
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Options
    doctorg,

email me for stands.Click here:nascarmann
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • tjschrad
    tjschrad Posts: 6
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I have my LS90's on the floor. If you do go with a stand for them make sure it is very sturdy and short. The speakers weigh in at 97 lbs. a piece and are 40 inches tall. Something between 12" & 24" would work every well.
    The F/X500i's will at first go on speaker stands in the back of the room. I'll experiment where they sound the best, before I mount them on wall if at all!
  • doctorg
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I guess my real concern relates to the design of the speakers, that is, are the LS-90's meant to be on carpet? If not, then low stands as you suggest might be a benefit. I realize that many other factors affect the final presentation, but just wondered if all this time I've been doing something worng leaving mine on the floor.
    Thanks,
    Skip
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited April 2002
    Options
    doctorg

They were meant to be placed on the floor!
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • doctorg
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Then in the immortal words of that great philosopher, Emily Latella, "Never mind"!:cool:
    Skip