Ati at1505

Options
I really need to stop surfing the web for stuff to add to the home theater but as you all may know it's a phase we all go through. My wife hope the phase will end sooner than later but that is a story on its own.

Now on to the question. I found a ATI AT 1505. From what I gather its 150x5 at 8ohm, Weigh 70 plus pounds and has nothing but good reviews. I currently have a Adcom 7000(125x5) but wanted some input on how much of an improvement would the ATI be over the Adcom. Improvement in 2 channel listening? Ht? Imaging? Or would it be the same? Thanks.
Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.

Comments

• littlewoodboats
    Options
    As DSkip stated it is probably more of a sideways move. If you are just looking to move into something newer you might consider the Outlaw Audio model 5000. Similar specs to the ATI at a better price with Outlaw's customer service.
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    Thanks for the input Dskip. If you would have to choose between the 2 which one would you rather have? I could easily sell my Adcom to cover the cost of the ATI. What would you say a good condition at1505 is worth in today's market?
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

• dalylaleahthor
    Options
    As DSkip stated it is probably more of a sideways move. If you are just looking to move into something newer you might consider the Outlaw Audio model 5000. Similar specs to the ATI at a better price with Outlaw's customer service.

I see what you're saying LWB but which one would you choose between the 2 if you had to pick one? I can get a use AT1505 for about 230 that's with the gas. I was leaning on selling my Adcom gfa 7000 for 300 to cover the switch. Do you think this is a good move? I already have a nice preamp in my Yamaha cxa5000. This switch is gonna have to hold me over for a good year or two till I can find me an amp with balance xlr.

• littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would pick the ATI over the Adcom. From what I have read I would expect the ATI to be the stronger of the two with closer matching across the channels.

For what it is worth the tech who did the rebuild/upgrades on my GFA-585se said he would go Parasound over Adcom for a multi channel amp if buying new.
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    Thanks LWB. Guess the Adcom gonna be going up for sale and hopefully the AtI come home with me.

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,173
    Options
    Buy the ATI but don't sell the Adcom until you compare the two. Keep the one you like better, sell the other.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    ^^^ this.
    and keep it long enough until you start building up a room of "just-in-case" gear.
    I disabled signatures.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    ^^^ this.
    and keep it long enough until you start building up a room of "just-in-case" gear.

I love "just-in-case" gear. Open the closet door and look at it from time to time. Stack a few pieces in a book shelf as conversation pieces. A few extra speakers for aesthetics.. Great suggestion there msg.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    ^^^^double bump for "Just in case gear". Nothing worse than falling in love with your system and a piece dies and you have nothing to play music :'(
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    Not a bad idea guys might just do the "just in case idea" as I already don't have enough gear as it. Hopefully the wife doesn't kill me over it seeing as I have way too many audio stuff. Lol I have a 5.1 Klipsch she bought me for graduation that's been boxes away since I bought the Rtia9, 3 amp, 4 receiver, 7.2 Polk Rtia series, denon 2500bti, lg 3d bluray, htpc, 2 dcm kx10 and 2 Kenwood in the garage, 2 krk rokit5, rti12, csia4, fxi3 and I might have left a few items out. Now you guys know why I keep bring up my wife. She calls me a speaker pack rat.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    So sell some stuff, buy her something, then you something....softens the blow a bit when they get something out of the deal.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    So sell some stuff, buy her something, then you something....softens the blow a bit when they get something out of the deal.

I've been trying to sell the rti12 for 300 to recoup some money but seems like no one is interested. You think the price is a little too high?

• msg
    Options
    man, $300 seems like such a steal for a pair of RTi12's for someone in the market for them, but depends on your market. Also, they take some power to drive, just like your A9's, and most people won't have it, so seems like you'll kind of be waiting for the right person to come along. I feel your pain - I've got some RTi10's I need to sell that didn't move a couple of years ago when I had them listed. I think I'll be pretty much giving them away like you, if not simply just that - literally giving them away.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    man, $300 seems like such a steal for a pair of RTi12's for someone in the market for them, but depends on your market. Also, they take some power to drive, just like your A9's, and most people won't have it, so seems like you'll kind of be waiting for the right person to come along. I feel your pain - I've got some RTi10's I need to sell that didn't move a couple of years ago when I had them listed. I think I'll be pretty much giving them away like you, if not simply just that - literally giving them away.

In with 69.....love giveaway's. lol

Nobody wants those 12's for 3 bones ?? WTF is wrong with people. You won't find that much speaker for 3 hundies anywhere.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options

I've been trying to sell the rti12 for 300 to recoup some money but seems like no one is interested. You think the price is a little too high?

Thats a really good price for a pair of RTi12s. I'm not looking to add more speakers till I move(WAF), but I might have bought them or at least tried to make a case with wife, if you were local (Denver,CO). I hope you sell them soon.

And I'd go with ATI if you were debating between the ATI and Adcom. I just feel ATIs are built better. Just a personal opinion. I am quite happy with my adcom though. Definitely planning on getting outlaw 5000 when I go atmos.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • msg
    Options
    Not a bad idea guys might just do the "just in case idea" as I already don't have enough gear as it. Hopefully the wife doesn't kill me over it seeing as I have way too many audio stuff. Lol I have a 5.1 Klipsch she bought me for graduation that's been boxes away since I bought the Rtia9, 3 amp, 4 receiver, 7.2 Polk Rtia series, denon 2500bti, lg 3d bluray, htpc, 2 dcm kx10 and 2 Kenwood in the garage, 2 krk rokit5, rti12, csia4, fxi3 and I might have left a few items out. Now you guys know why I keep bring up my wife. She calls me a speaker pack rat.

Yeah. You definitely don't have enough stuff yet.
    I disabled signatures.
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    3 hundred is a more than fair price for the 12s. In also hope I sell them soon if not I don't mind holding on to them for "just in case" scenarios. I had once listed my Klipsch setup with a Yamaha 865 FOR 450. I chose not to "give it away" cause they were trying to get me to 300 so I just boxed them away. I'll just have to make sure when me and the old lady buy a house there is 2 living room lol.
    trj wrote: »

Thats a really good price for a pair of RTi12s. I'm not looking to add more speakers till I move(WAF), but I might have bought them or at least tried to make a case with wife, if you were local (Denver,CO). I hope you sell them soon.

And I'd go with ATI if you were debating between the ATI and Adcom. I just feel ATIs are built better. Just a personal opinion. I am quite happy with my adcom though. Definitely planning on getting outlaw 5000 when I go atmos.

Picking it up on the weekend of the dude doesn't flake out. Hopefully I'll get a new addition to my already huge collection.

Yeah. You definitely don't have enough stuff yet.

Lol I understand haha. But truth be told I'm a little cheap bargain shopper. Most of these stuff I bought for next to nothing considering their value. For example. About a year ago I bought me Denon 3808co with the Denon 2500btci for 130 bucks. My fxia6 I paid 120. Csia4 with a pair of rtia3 for 220 and my cxa5000 I paid 450. I got the dcm 15. You wouldn't believe what I got my parasound for. Now you guys kind of get the idea on why I have so much items.