Vitus SS-103 debuts at Munich High End

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 342
edited May 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
Vitus have launched the new SS-103 power amp at Munich which replaces the old SS-102. I really like the SS-102 which which sounds natural/organic, warm, has plenty of power & tube-like midrange. But the SS-103 predictably takes it to the next level & draws heavily from the learnings from the massive MP-S201 (I attached a couple of photos showing the circuit design of MP-S201 for comparison).

The price on the new SS-103 is the same as it's predecessor SS-102, which in the US is $40,800.

From Vitus Audio -
11 years of pedigree advanced to a new level of emotional performance ready to thrill your senses.

As with every product from Vitus Audio, the SS- 103 is designed to present you with a musical experience true to the performance, for generations to come.

With its modular design, future advancements in technology can easily be implemented with ease on site.

Featuring similar technology from our Masterpiece Stereo amplifier adding multiple sound- modes for enabling fine tuning performance to your liking, in your own room. We call these modes “Classic mode” and “Rock mode”. Classic mode gives you our classic preferences while rock mode gives you a more forward sound image. Adding kl. A and kl. AB to each sound mode, gives yet another level of fine tuning the final result to your personal preference.

With the latest revision of our custom trans- former, combined with the new power supply technology incorporated, it has a much more rigid and faster supply compared to its preceedors.

This results in better control of lower frequencies, faster and more dynamic sound - and capable of driving the most difficult loads avail- able on the market today.

Options available: Stillpoints Ultra SS
Colours available: Satin Black, Silver, Dark champagne and Satin White.

Bespoke: In principle any color you would like
(based on request - longer leadtime to be expected)

hdy1op9y84d4.jpg

3ybuux3uxaut.jpg

nng3911swd5x.jpg

lmjrvmunyl2d.jpg

8vvg6bsw8l4m.jpg

h5sr925q9q1j.jpg

n5l1xcx5k7ps.jpg
Vitus MP-S201 circuit design
qx10sgflg0sf.jpg
An MP-S201main board being assembled

Link to specs & more photos - monoandstereo.com/2016/04/vitus-audio-ss-103-signature-stereo.html

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    Well... Holy crapola that's an amp
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,320
    Options
    Looks nice!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

Will this be replacing the Boulder 2060 or will there be a shoot out? ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »

Will this be replacing the Boulder 2060 or will there be a shoot out? ;)

Haha... no...

I am no longer in the market for any amplification, replacement or not. That was my splurge for 2015-2016. To get Vitus, I would have to be worthy of such another splurge. And as it turns out, nothing in the horizon to suggest such...

And my back still kinda hurts from the Boulder lugging.

HAhahaha
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Options
    But I would love a shoot out.

Someone always gets shot.

Vitus vs Boulder.

Each has their fans.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hans Ole Vitus used plenty of nice Furutech wire in the Vitus/Gauder room again this year B)

hh4vbl472f33.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations to Vitus Audio who received TAS Best Sound award (Cost no object) at Munich, 2016! :) Here is what Julie Mullins (TAS) had to say -

"A tie between the rooms with Vitus SS-103 Signature Series Extreme Stereo power amp driving Gauder Akustic RC 7 Mk II loudspeakers and Soulution Series 7 electronics and new 511 driving the Magico M-Pro speakers.

Vitus Audio with Gauder Akustic

The Vitus SS-103 Signature Series Extreme Stereo power amp ($34k) made a smashing debut driving Gauder Akustic RC 7 Mk II loudspeakers (€28k). This setup’s very musical yet highly detailed presentation lifted me out of my jetlag. The amp’s 150W of pure Class A made for compelling listening on JV’s excellent Dream with Dean LP [Analogue Productions] played back on a Transrotor turntable; it was among the most beautiful I’d heard those cuts sound at the show. On Peter, Paul & Mary’s “All My Trials,” the system conveyed all the stripped-down emotional power and intimacy of this outstanding recording reissue from ORG. Rich harmonies were extremely well-blended and perfectly balanced. This Vitus-Gauder Akustik combination exemplified the smooth, effortless beauty and pleasure of high-end musical reproduction."

The Vitus/Gauder room was also one of Danon Han Hong Den's favorite rooms (see the video below @ 7:48).

https://youtu.be/Amaa8AvKpx8