Nice karma! In with 9!

No that's funny :)
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I'll be content to hold off a month or two and pick up a new one from DSkip.
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I'll be content to hold off a month or two and pick up a new one from DSkip.

I think that's an excellent idea! And you guessed 17...man, you were so close! It was 16! It's okay. I'll let you come over once a month to listen to it. But you have to bring pizza. Because I need pizza.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • Realistic
    Realistic Posts: 355
    Options
    Hi guys, I wanted to talk with Derek before this is sold so I am waiting to hear from him. He is the voice of reason for me and I do as he suggests, he is a good guy. I am listening to it now, the who whos next. I love the thing and I have never owned anything audio this nice, I like to copy music from other sources to tape and that's the only thing you cant do with the p-5 unless I am missing something? I was thinking of going back to a vintage set up for that reason. Bob.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I figured Mr Buhl would of been all over this :# good luck to whomever the new lucky owner is.

LOL - am I that bad? Late to the party with a tooth extraction today LOL - but I'm very pleased with my Audible Illusions and Dodd (when its fixed) MLP. No need for a pre for me.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Options
    Did anyone even ask what color this one is? I heard the black ones sound better than the silver...
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    Hi guys, I wanted to talk with Derek before this is sold so I am waiting to hear from him. He is the voice of reason for me and I do as he suggests, he is a good guy. I am listening to it now, the who whos next. I love the thing and I have never owned anything audio this nice, I like to copy music from other sources to tape and that's the only thing you cant do with the p-5 unless I am missing something? I was thinking of going back to a vintage set up for that reason. Bob.

Damn, Bob! You're trading in your Porsche for a Pinto. I disown you!
    ;)
  • Realistic
    Options
    I am sorry but the p5 is no longer for sale, I heard a voice of reason. I am truly SORRY for this I was frustrated with certain things and a made a hasty decision. I really do hope this does not upset anyone and if it does I am sorry I just don't want to be one of those guys that say I wish I kept that one. I am sincerely sorry. Bob. Russ don't disown me your one of the first people to help me here and I like ya.
  • lightman1
    Options
    You still suck.

But a wise decision. o:)
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Options
    Wow, that blows. Can't say I blame you, though.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks Russ I just don't want to make a bad decision.
  • Realistic
    Options
    I know, I am so sorry to get you all fired up Bill.
  • kharp1
    Options
    I can certainly understand, hopefully you find the setup you're looking for. Good luck and good listening.

Kerry.

PS, I was pretty certain that "pick a number between 1 and 10" was a scam...next he'll ask me to pull his finger. I'll just stick with my Soundesign 3 in 1 with 8 track.
  • Realistic
    Options
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    I do believe this thread is what's called a rock-tease... :o

Seriously though, smart decision Bob!
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks scubalab, this whole audio thing cant get pretty overwhelming and frustrating in a hurry.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,493
    edited April 2016
    Options
    eh, I've been there, too, man. Sometimes this hobby can get a grip on you. Both sides. Agree, bummer for the guys looking, but wise for you, at least until you're really sure.

I see some guys able to move a lot of gear left and right, no attachment. Seems like it takes me forever to truly settle on whether a piece is for me, or something I can comfortably part with and not regret. Throw in the fact that systems and preferences evolve, and it becomes easy to see how guys end up with shelves, rooms, full of stuff. And then there's all the work that goes into the research, chase and acquisition. Sometimes you take a notion to something down the road that you might have thought you were done with. Or you may find that it pairs well with some new acquisition, and feel glad you held onto something you considered selling. In this case, I agree, you'd probably be kicking yourself letting it go feeling on the fence about it, always wondering, especially given your asking price. The P5 is a nice piece, for sure.
    I disabled signatures.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,088
    Options
    I'm sure you've already got this covered, but I'd make sure Russ got first dibs if you change your mind again.

I hope you're able to do what you want with the P5. It's a great piece for sure. I bought mine strictly for the HT bypass and in two months I won't have an HT anymore:(
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    I thought it had a rec out?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    It does. I'm looking at the back of mine right now. If you are trying to record from the HT bypass input, I don't think that will work. Any of the others should.
  • lightman1
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I'm sure you've already got this covered, but I'd make sure Russ got first dibs if you change your mind again.

I hope you're able to do what you want with the P5. It's a great piece for sure. I bought mine strictly for the HT bypass and in two months I won't have an HT anymore:(

I'm good. I gots a Rouge awaiting me back home.
    Plus I was ready to slap Bob around for doing such a silly thing.
    Where's Tonyb when ya need him?
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,088
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Sorry, I was talking about ROHfan. Isn't he Russ too?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • lightman1
    edited April 2016
    Options

Sorry, I was talking about ROHfan. Isn't he Russ too?

Chitifi know
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    JPete wrote: »
    Did anyone even ask what color this one is? I heard the black ones sound better than the silver...

Wouldn't surprise me...I also have heard that the black ones, on average, have a larger soundstage. But YMMV.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,658
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »

Probably locked out of the house, in his robe...with a bottle of wine....lol

What is this robe thing you talk about? The boy is nekkid...
  • kharp1
    Options

I agree 100% Love the way most everyone here tries to do the right thing.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    Good choice to keep it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options

Probably locked out of the house, in his robe...with a bottle of wine....lol

What is this robe thing you talk about? The boy is nekkid...

And it's comments like this that make me wonder why LIFE doesn't have it's own damn DELETE button...lol

I'd be satisfied with just a "back" button. A delete button means you have to start all over again, don't think I can handle diapers again. lol

Wise decision, but sucks for those guys who got their panties all twisted up with hope. Send those boys a few steaks and a box of Trojans for their troubles. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Realistic
    Options
    I told Bill if I ever do decide to sell its his. Russ has a new pre again I am very sorry for my knee jerk reaction I should have talked with you guys first. Bob.