Saw a Tazmanian Devil

Options
tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,906
in a bar in Rockford, Illinois.

Met Russ and Steve for some eats and drinks tonight. Good people. Our online persona's can be very different than real life kids, so get out and meet a few members. You might find you have more in common than petty forum arguments.

We had a nice time, chatted up some audio, made fun of ourselves. For the record, both Steve and Russ are about 13 feet tall, no need for ladders around their joints. The only time I've seen taller people was at the circus. Coincidence ? You tell me... :)

I think Russ made out on the positive side, despite his claims of me swiping his wallet. He managed to pick up 2 overweight waitresses, a stray cat, and a half a pack of smokes someone dropped. He seemed happy, but I think he misunderstood me when I told him to go find some....well, you know.

I also discovered Steve is a hoarder of audio gear. I went to the bathroom and he was in there yanking the speaker out of the ceiling. Must have skipped out on that last audio anonymous meeting.

Both good dudes, and I appreciate the 2 hour drive they had to endure. Well, Steve had to endure, Russ was probably snoring up a storm the whole way.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Sounds like a great time, wish I could have been there.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Sounds like I missed a good time! If you guys do this again, let me know!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    I can't figure out any reason why someone would actually want to come to Rockford. Where did you guys go to eat?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Outback. And for the record. Those waitresses had great personalities. The cat, on the other hand, had a surly disposition and was very confrontational.
    After Steve made off with the ceiling speakers, Tony kept taking the bread rolls off other people's tables, telling them that he worked for the CIA and that he was on a "mission". Only to stuff them in his trousers. But what kinda freaked me out is he would reach into his pocket and produce a chunk of bread on occasion.
    We plotted a scheme to bumrush Brock's house and do donuts on the front lawn while Tony swiped his tubes. The folks at Walmart got a little suspicious when we tried to purchase ski masks, celery and cat food.
    Two 13ft tall goons and Danny effin Devito standing at the register half in the bag did not look good.
    The authorities were waiting outside. Plot foiled.
    But other than that, it was a great evening. Got to meet more Polk folks and have some laughs.
    Tip o the hat to you Mr B! Well have to get the rest of the Chi-town crew together soon.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    celery.
    I've heard enough.

cgb49013o63h.jpg

seriously, some good laughs in here, sounded like a great time!
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited April 2016
    Options
    https://youtu.be/q2CX20bBNJE

I remember Tony kept saying (don't worry bout it) ,it was a great time and get together. I kept checking the rear view mirror on the 2 hours drive back hoping a bunch of mafia dudes were not on our tail. I did have this dream and woke up in a cold sweat last night about a horsehead.

It was a pleasure have met you Mr B, and to of accompanied Russ on his quest to meet every Polk forum member south of Canada in the good old USA. I did mention to Russ hey let's head north of the Border next weekend he replied what the He double hockey sticks four my travels only happen south of that there abomination north of us. I did learn one thing however you can't dress up Russ and take him anywhere.
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LOL...guys

Note to self:
    Bring dog kennel to LSAF...a big one

and a pad lock
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    LOL...guys

Note to self:
    Bring dog kennel to LSAF...a big one

and a pad lock

LOL....once you meet Russ in his natural habitat, you kinda look at all the Bigfoot sightings and say to yourself..." Ok, I get it now".
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    tgaftd5jv2vw.jpg
    xa5m8csmwrw3.jpg

Twins, but your brother is better looking Russ.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • lightman1
    Options
    True, Dave. But my personality will knock your socks off.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Or the smell ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Come on fellers don't be to hard on him, he is probably sporting his Sunday best, standing in the all you can eat line at the Golden Coral this very minute :D
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • westmassguy
    Options
    I believe it. When we spoke, I though I was talking to Darth Vader...........

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    Options

Dave....you are my son....LMAO.

Russ is a good egg, we just yank his chain because it's.....hilarious is all. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    Options
    Talk about smell! Steve reeked of old cabbages and soured milk. Worst two hours of my life in his truck. He wouldn't let me smoke to try and cover up the stench.
  • lightman1
    Options

Yep. They say I have a face perfect for a radio announcer.
  • westmassguy
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Dave....you are my son....LMAO.

Russ is a good egg, we just yank his chain because it's.....hilarious is all. ;)

Oh he is, had a hoot on the phone. I did feel a slight pressure around my neck, and heard something about my disturbing lack of faith......
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • lightman1
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Tony pharted at the table as well.
    I suggested he excuse himself to the privy and check his depends for semi-solid matter.
  • tonyb
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Tony pharted at the table as well.
    I suggested he excuse himself to the privy and check his depends for semi-solid matter.

No...no, wasn't me. I think Steve accidentally stepped on a duck under the table. One must have got loose from the kitchen.

Only thing semi-solid in my pants was the bread rolls....the butter didn't hold up too well though.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    Also learned Russ has a thing with Shrimp, no doubt his favorite movie is Forest Gump.
    Pulling out of the parking lot, I got a glimpse of the back of their vehicle....

ll3iyvib89lg.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    Which was next to....

yrghy622qe6r.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Followed again by....

v59yqpusiybw.jpg

Had to follow them for a few miles before I stopped laughing.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's