What Music Server Are We All Using?

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    My latest---
    Simaudio 780D with a Qnap NAS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I plug this

572150203_1622184788_o.jpg

into here

oppobdp93rearleftsidea.jpg

;)

What is that passport? I just plug a laptop into the Oppo via USB on the HT rig or plug a laptop into my 2 channel preamp using a HRT music Streamer.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    What is that passport?

A USB hard drive.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    They have 4TB versions of those portable hard drives now, using those and they're great.

I still use JRiver and set up zones, but am looking to switch to a Roon setup once I decide on the gear downstream
  • txcoastal1
    Here's a question
    My DAC has a USB "A" plug-in. My WD Passport 3.0 has 3.0 to USB B

Do you think I can buy a A to female B cord and it will possibly work???

Dac is a Simaudio 780D
    http://www.simaudio.com/DATA/PRODUIT/100_en_detail~v~streaming-dsd-dac.pdf
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    What I consider as my 'music server' is 2 pieces of gear. At the heart of the matter I use a Moneual Moncaso972 HTPC/older core i7 running JRivers as my music management application. I use a Drobo 800 series NAS to store all my music files, uncompressed CD & hi-res FLAC files (currently 4TB of disc space and room to grow when I get around to adding video). Currently I'm revisiting the PC hardware, as I went a little overboard on ventilation and I need to reduce fan noise. But overall, very happy with this set up.

The digital files flow from the PC via BNC connector SPDIF card to a Bryston BDA-1 DACs (with power supply mod) and then on to a Marantz AV7701 pre/pro...to a Bryston 4B SST2 amp and out to a vintage pair of Polk SDA speakers.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited April 2016
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Here's a question

Dac is a Simaudio 780D

I think that USB port was intended for a computer.

Your Moon DAC has a enet port and Wifi, connect it to your network and see what happens, or email MOON (or your installer) and see what else it can do!
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • txcoastal1
    RamZet wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Here's a question

Dac is a Simaudio 780D

I think that USB port was intended for a computer.

It is sir

• RamZet
    I plug this

into here

;)

What is that passport? I just plug a laptop into the Oppo via USB on the HT rig or plug a laptop into my 2 channel preamp using a HRT music Streamer.

Do you use the Oppo Media app to navigate the music or do you use your TV?
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    I plug this

into here

;)

Do you use the Oppo Media app to navigate the music or do you use your TV?

Took a Oppo home from work and man is it cool.
    I played with one a few years back but I didn't dig in this deep. The app is smooth and looks awesome. The responsiveness is great, and it gave me a three month free promo code for my Tidal account. OHH it has Tidal!
    I like how it just shows you all the network devices like computers and Nas drives.

I think hands down this is my new favorite server. Supports CDs, DSD, SACD, FLAC, Im going to dig deeper into this guy this week. Looks like it could even act as a pre-amp ( not sure if it would sound good).

This thing is a bargain for 500 bucks.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    They are great units for the money!
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Signature Series Sonore Server with Deux Power Supply. Fanless and headless. SoTM USB card, SATA power filter, hard drive isolation box. One PS for 'putie, one for USB. Vortexbox 2.4 (Fedora release 23, 64 bit Linux). Updated with msata 1/2 card SSD boot drive and 6TB music storage drive.

Connects to Sonore USB to I2S card in diy BIII DAC. The module sports isolation from USB input and reclocking with low noise clocks. It was designed to be used with an ESS Sabre chip and has optional (via dipswitch) 8x/4x/2x oversampling using a semi minimum phase design for reduced pre-ringing. I run it in sync mode, with OSF on, that is using clock on USB board with ESS Sabre clock disabled and OS turned off. Supports 44.1 KHz-384 KHz PCM and 2.8 MHz (DSD64) to 22.5 MHz (DSD512) DSD.

I control it from 10" Samsung tablet, also has android apps available like BubbleUPnP. The server has LMS, Plex and MinimServer loaded on it.

The best digital I've had here so far. Dead quiet.

Drawbacks, no room for more drives once the 6TB is filled. But I can use Minim Server in Sonore Server to point to an external drive or NAS.

@SCompRacer , I like the looks of this player and have a few questions:

- Have you tried running it with Roon? If yes, how does sound quality compare to Bubble-controlled or other?

- Any SQ difference in internally vs externally stored music?

- Any SQ difference in SPDF vs I2S vs USB outputs? (I'd likely be restricted to SPDF)

- Have you compared with Bryston BDP 1 or 2?

- Any gapless play problems using any hardware/software combination?

Thanks for any help,
    Craig
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • vcwatkins
    Has anyone tried the Sonore Sonicorbiter SE ? Especially interested in SQ of non-usb output (optical in this case) controlled with Roon?
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2016
    vcwatkins wrote: »

It's nicely done but the Sonore trend now is toward custom hardware based Renderers that don't rely on a multipurpose 'built to a price point' computer motherboard. Downside is cost for their best, the Signature Series Rendu, $2,895.

- Have you tried running it with Roon? If yes, how does sound quality compare to Bubble-controlled or other?

I have not tried Roon yet, but Vortexbox supports it. So far I cannot detect any SQ difference between Logitech Media Software or BubbleUPnP.

Sounds much better than my laptop connected via USB with external USB drive which made me very happy.
    - Any SQ difference in SPDF vs I2S vs USB outputs? (I'd likely be restricted to SPDF)

My Sonore Server only has USB out through the SoTM USB card. No SPDIF. DAC wise, USB to I2S is very well implemented and I run in sync mode. There is one SPDIF method that I have not tried that would compare well. That is Ian of Canada's FIFO covered at diyaudio. The ESS Sabre DAC does have great SQ with SPDIF as it does not rely entirely on the embedded clock in SPDIF signal.

No I have not. My diy DAC has held up very well so far. Running in sync has upped the SQ for me. Only way for me to make it better is spend for higher quality, tighter tolerance parts on the discrete balanced output.
    So far no issues.
    Thanks for any help,
    Craig

You are most welcome!

Check with Carl (schwarcw) in regards to the Sonic Orbiter II. He is away on biz right now and I'll point him to the thread. He had another DAC there while I had his, unsure if he tried optical out.

His DAC is configured like mine with the Sonore USB to I2S module in sync. He was very pleased with it compared to SPDIF from the Logitech SB Touch. He can't use optical SPDIF out with the DAC I built for him as it does not have optical input. Also, SPDIF requires an onboard clock on the ESS Sabre/Buffalo III DAC to play, where sync uses clock from USB module with the onboard clock disabled.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • vcwatkins
    Fantastic info. Thanks a million, @SCompRacer !

I'm beginning to think Bryston is never going to fix RoonReady for the BDP-1 and need to learn about alternatives. The Sonore products look promising. If USB only, I could sell the BDP-1/BDA-1 combo and swap in a W4S DAC. The BDP-1 using Squeezelite and Roon UI is very good but not *quite* what it was using Bryston's (problematic) UI or RoonReady option (offered briefly, then withdrawn).

Thanks again for the helpful response.
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 737
    Pretty basic. External USB drive with all files, run through iTunes on an iMac, optical out to Schitt Bifrost, then to Yamaha Integrated. Control everything from my chair via Apple's Remote app.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    I stream from my laptop to an Airport Express connected to my receiver. Controlled via iPad. Works well and sounds as good as a CD.
  • RamZet
    simm wrote: »
    I stream from my laptop to an Airport Express connected to my receiver. Controlled via iPad. Works well and sounds as good as a CD.

I like the airplay device too. Lets the user play from their PC via iTunes, their Mac computer, iPhone, iPad, and even 3rd party apps on android.

Are you connected with the optical cable or stereo 3.5mm jack?
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    simm wrote: »

I like the airplay device too. Lets the user play from their PC via iTunes, their Mac computer, iPhone, iPad, and even 3rd party apps on android.

Are you connected with the optical cable or stereo 3.5mm jack?
    a

Optical cable.
  • RamZet
    Did the Logitech Transporter just get a Firmware update and new apps?
    Im running FW: 87 and I have what looks to be more apps including Deezer.
    Also my iPad app works again and it works very smoothly.

So anyone else notice anything?
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • vcwatkins
    SCompRacer wrote: »

It's nicely done but the Sonore trend now is toward custom hardware based Renderers that don't rely on a multipurpose 'built to a price point' computer motherboard. Downside is cost for their best, the Signature Series Rendu, $2,895.

I have not tried Roon yet, but Vortexbox supports it. So far I cannot detect any SQ difference between Logitech Media Software or BubbleUPnP.

Sounds much better than my laptop connected via USB with external USB drive which made me very happy.

My Sonore Server only has USB out through the SoTM USB card. No SPDIF. DAC wise, USB to I2S is very well implemented and I run in sync mode. There is one SPDIF method that I have not tried that would compare well. That is Ian of Canada's FIFO covered at diyaudio. The ESS Sabre DAC does have great SQ with SPDIF as it does not rely entirely on the embedded clock in SPDIF signal.

No I have not. My diy DAC has held up very well so far. Running in sync has upped the SQ for me. Only way for me to make it better is spend for higher quality, tighter tolerance parts on the discrete balanced output.
    So far no issues.
    Thanks for any help,
    Craig

You are most welcome!

Check with Carl (schwarcw) in regards to the Sonic Orbiter II. He is away on biz right now and I'll point him to the thread. He had another DAC there while I had his, unsure if he tried optical out.

His DAC is configured like mine with the Sonore USB to I2S module in sync. He was very pleased with it compared to SPDIF from the Logitech SB Touch. He can't use optical SPDIF out with the DAC I built for him as it does not have optical input. Also, SPDIF requires an onboard clock on the ESS Sabre/Buffalo III DAC to play, where sync uses clock from USB module with the onboard clock disabled.
    Well, I ended up ordering a Sonore SonicOrbiter to try in RoonReady output mode vs the Bryston BDP-1 in LMS-Squeezelite mode. [I am acting under the assumption RoonReady for BDP-1 will never happen.]

I'll also likely give the microRendu a try when available. Looks pretty cool. Like the PSAudio LANrover talked about here.
  • vcwatkins
    Well, I ended up ordering a Sonore SonicOrbiter to try in RoonReady output mode vs the Bryston BDP-1 in LMS-Squeezelite mode. [I am acting under the assumption RoonReady for BDP-1 will never happen.]

I'll also likely give the microRendu a try when available. Looks pretty cool. Like the PSAudio LANrover talked about here.
    Well daggum - 24 hours after I order the SonicOrbiter, they release the MicroRendu.

So I went ahead and ordered one and will compare both of these in RoonReady (USB) output mode vs the Bryston in Roon/Squeezelite (SPDF) output mode. Will have to use a W4S (Femto clock) DAC2 for the comparison since the Bryston BDA-1 USB is limited to 48kHz.

Any opinions on the SonicOrbiter SE?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Greetings Craig!

I have had the Sonic Orbiter about a month and I really like it. I wanted a USB output for my Scompracer built DAC so I could play HiRez files. I was blown away of the improvement of SQ with the Hi Rez files and the DAC running in "sync" mode. I use the Squeeze Lite software but I am very interested in trying Roon.

I am also very interested in what you think of the MicroRendu.

Some pics of the Obiter. Tiny little fella.

Good luck and let us know your impressions.

9te0vo4h3bzq.jpg
    vxn68q9vfdg5.jpg
    Carl

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    I use a pretty simple 4tb of drives in my tower desktop running LMS to an SB Classic V3 controlled by 2 old iPhones and 2 new iPhones or 2 Tivos running Plex into a Denon receiver in my living room or my Anthem receiver in my HT.

Pros: Lots of ways to get to the music files, seamless, immediate access.

Cons: The wife doesn't think about it often enough to make it second nature. I find her using other music sources (her own PC in the kitchen area) even though it has access to all the files on the server PC.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • vcwatkins
    Thanks, @schwarcw !
    Wow that is smaller than I expected. I should get the Sonic Orbiter on Thursday and the uRendu next week. Looking forward to testing. I have a feeling I'm going to be looking for a better USB DAC soon. (sigh)
  • vcwatkins
    SonicOrbiter SE arrived. I initially installed in the office rip rig in sig below. Easy to install in a few minutes. Took me a few minutes to realize I needed to power off/on the DAC. BIG improvement over PC-fed system that is otherwise the same (except that the PC is now disconnected from playback system). Cables: Signal power, MIT S3 IC & SC, WW Ultraviolet USB.

Acoustic instruments in Grace Askew's "Until They Lay Me..." are very organic. Greatly improved atmospheric information and vocal detail. Sounds very close to live. [Diggin this album!] Dire Straits' first in 24/192 is outstanding!

I'll try to move it to the den to test vs the Roon/Squeezelite/Bryston BDP-1(48mHz) this evening.

I LIKE it!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350

schwarcw wrote: »
    I was blown away of the improvement of SQ with the Hi Rez files and the DAC running in "sync" mode.

Carl and I are in "sync." lol...

Here is a part 1 review of the microRendu at Computer Audiophile.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/698-sonore-microrendu-review-part-1/
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • RamZet
    I took home a new media player from work. Its really a home control system with 1 zone of Autonomics.
    Savant Smart Host (SAVANT SHC WITH STANDARD, MUSIC, AND PREMIUM LICENSE
    (HST-SAVANT2P-00)).
    Seems to be alright, has all the big names in streaming, don't think I can point it at a nas.
    The interface is a Sonos clone and its done this way because the Savant and Sonos are owned by the same company now.
    The host also integrates with Sonos to allow for some limited control of the Sonos.
    So if any of you are billionaires with Crestron/Savant systems there is some some cool new gear gear on the block.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • vcwatkins
    I've been extremely happy with the fantastic sound from the Bryston BDP-1 using its internal MPD firmware and USB-connected music, but not so happy with its clunky and problematic UI. I also love Roon and its full integration of Tidal, hotlinked AllMusic Guide info, lyrics, tour info, and band web & social links. So I've been hoping Bryston and Roon could figure out how to fix RoonReady on the BDP. They had a temporary solution that was used at CES, but withdrew it shortly after. As time has passed, I've become more doubtful that it'll ever actually happen and have been searching for another way to get close to that sound while using the Roon UI.

As part of the search, I ordered two Sonore USB players - a SonicOrbiter SE and the just released MicroRendu. I received the SonicOrbiter Thursday and liked the improvement it made over the PC USB connection on the desk rig. I haven't received the uRendu yet, so I thought in the meantime I would test the less expensive SonicOrbiter on the den rig vs the Bryston BDP.

So last night I did a comparo twixt:
    [Controller - Signal source - Player - Output mode - Output]
    1) Roon Remote ios - wifi router extender CAT7 - SonicOrbiter SE - RoonReady - USB
    2) Roon Remote ios - wifi router extender CAT7 - Bryston BDP-1 - Squeezelite - SPDF
    3) MPoD ios - USB directly attached - Bryston BDP-1 - MPD (Manic Moose 2.24) - SPDF

All were fed into the Bryston BDA-1 dac in den system below. Music was flac up to 48mHz since that's the limit of the BDA-1's USB input. I did in 1-2-3-2-1 order.

The most noticeable difference between 1 and 2 was soundstage depth with 2 being appreciably deeper. 3 was a little better than the other two in every way that I can think of. I wish I had tried the Orbiter in DLNA mode. It might be an improvement over the RoonReady mode. I will compare those two modes as soon as I move the Orbiter permanently back to the office rig.

So I am still hopeful the Sonore microRendu that I have on order will close the gap. There is discussion of expensive power supplies for the uRendu. I ordered an ifi ps with the unit but I will likely try one designed by a Sonore partner.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    I ditched my Dell laptop and bought a Quantum Byte fanless Windows 10 mini computer. Got it from Amazon with a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard for $200. I upgraded the internal memory to 128gb for an extra $50. I use the hdmi out to my TV for a monitor. I am using the USB out to my Marantz SA8005. I downloaded Fidelizer to optimize Win 10 for audio. I am controlling JRiver using Gizmo. Can add a usb external ss hard drive for storage as needed.

Being all solid state with no moving parts is really making a difference. The SQ is the best I have had so far. Wide, deep and convincing imaging with no harshness.
    Not bad for $250.
    Looking to upgrade the power supply and add a usb regen at some point as I have read this combination takes it to anothet level.
    Very happy B)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"