Need help with sub volume.

I have a sub out on my receiver I am splitting the signal to both powered subs in my
BP-3000 and I also have two Epik Empires I'm running with an outboard stereo amp that does not have any kind of level control. One of these Epik's is right behind my seating area the other is about mid room so I've had to dial down the signal to both Empires to compensate for the sub right behind my love seat.
Question is is there any type of in-line level control device out there (cheap pre-amp type of thing) I could use?

Thanks, G
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.

Comments

• You should have controls on your receiver, you have an iNuke that has gain controls and a DSP, what else do you need?
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Should update my sig. The Inuke is gone..
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    Never mind I've decided to buy some plate amps.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• To answer the original question, you can do this if you buy something like an Art CleanBox pro. It has its own gain control. It's just that usually this isn't needed for this application, normally only used to go from consumer / 0.7V to pro / 1.4V. Usually amps have a gain control on each channel plus your receiver ought to have sub level controls that you can use.

Could also use a MiniDSP, you have both input and output gain controls.

All kinds of options.
  • gwh
    Well I tried the Clean Box Pro and it's a no go......evidently only one gain knob works for balanced and the other for unbalanced.

From the internet:
    Im using one of the Cleanbox Pro units in a two channel system where Im mixing consumer and pro gear. It seems to work fine. It gave me the signal boost I was looking for. The only thing that can be a little confusing at first is that it has two knobs on it. At first I made the mistake and thought one knob worked for each channel. Not so. You only use one knob depending on which way you use the box. Im going in on the unbalanced rca side and out on the balanced xlr side. So the balanced knob is used for this. While the unbalanced knob sits at zero and does nothing unless you use the box the other way around. The one knob controls the level for both channels. You cant set different levels for each channel. Possibly something dual sub users should be aware of. You would then need to use the gain controls on your pro amp to set different levels for two subs.
    Secret Squirrel is offline.

HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070