Preschool for 2yo... good experiences?

13»

Comments

  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,710
    The correct choice is clear...justifying the wrong one is much more difficult. The option which leads to the most sacrifice is always the right one...but we are human and therefore flawed. We make compromises between our own best interests and those of others...and it boils down to what you can live with or what is socially acceptable.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,566
    lightman1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I took about six months off each when my sons were born. A bit of a financial struggle, but the personal dividends of being with them and Mom was worth it.

    Did the kids feel the same way....I mean after they got out of therapy ? :D:p

    They're still a little squirrely. But overall, they turned out to be good kids.
    They both went to "Moms morning out" at the church preschool two days a week and then when Mom went back to work as a teacher, it was like having on-site daycare. Double bonus!
    I am a proponent of socializing children at a young age. It helps them open up to the fact that there are various kinds of people in the world and, I believe, become accepting of them as the same but different from themselves.
    Cultural diversity type thing.
    I'm proud of them... <3
    lightman1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I took about six months off each when my sons were born. A bit of a financial struggle, but the personal dividends of being with them and Mom was worth it.

    Did the kids feel the same way....I mean after they got out of therapy ? :D:p

    They're still a little squirrely. But overall, they turned out to be good kids.
    They both went to "Moms morning out" at the church preschool two days a week and then when Mom went back to work as a teacher, it was like having on-site daycare. Double bonus!
    I am a proponent of socializing children at a young age. It helps them open up to the fact that there are various kinds of people in the world and, I believe, become accepting of them as the same but different from themselves.
    Cultural diversity type thing.
    I'm proud of them... <3

    Good on you pal, nuthin' like being proud of the little rascals when they grow up. Sometimes I look at mine thinking about all the stuff I did wrong and wonder wtf I did right for them to turn out the way they did. You gain a different perspective when looking in the rear view mirror as you do when your actually in the battle.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,731
    The correct choice is clear...justifying the wrong one is much more difficult. The option which leads to the most sacrifice is always the right one...but we are human and therefore flawed. We make compromises between our own best interests and those of others...and it boils down to what you can live with or what is socially acceptable.

    Socially acceptable? I can not think of a worse way to determine the choices that you make.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

    I disabled, I am the South Carolina woman who gouged her eyes out on meth.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,566
    afterburnt wrote: »
    The correct choice is clear...justifying the wrong one is much more difficult. The option which leads to the most sacrifice is always the right one...but we are human and therefore flawed. We make compromises between our own best interests and those of others...and it boils down to what you can live with or what is socially acceptable.

    Socially acceptable? I can not think of a worse way to determine the choices that you make.

    I might agree, I think the majority of us make choices we think is best and still allows us to look favorably in the shaving mirror.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,759
    tonyb wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    The correct choice is clear...justifying the wrong one is much more difficult. The option which leads to the most sacrifice is always the right one...but we are human and therefore flawed. We make compromises between our own best interests and those of others...and it boils down to what you can live with or what is socially acceptable.

    Socially acceptable? I can not think of a worse way to determine the choices that you make.

    I might agree, I think the majority of us make choices we think is best and still allows us to look favorably in the shaving mirror.

    Shaving? I don't understand your point.
  • cnhcnh Posts: 13,310
    edited April 2016
    I have trouble looking in the mirror because there are so many people looking back at me, many of them members on the forums no less. Some with such formidable visages!

    Apologies to Joey, we've strayed too far afield!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

    Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • notifiednotified Posts: 175
    I suppose since there seems to be a fair bit of feedback on this topic it can't be considered to imprudent to interject my viewpoint,So.....
    In response to the issue of daycare- I'd ask myself is my daughter enjoying the experience ? And is it in my wife's best interest to have some time to relax from the daily responsibility of motherhood? and then weigh these against what you feel this is worth to your family in terms of cost.
    In your post you don't mention whether the $660 is a final fee or a partial down payment for the 4 month period ,Nor is it relevant since again its your family's decision to determine what your willing to pay for the service,But to come to determine its value vs worth- Break it down to a day by day cost, IE; At $660 it would be apx[ $21 ] dollars a day- 2 times a week=42 [weekly]x4 [weeks per month] 168 x 4[months]=$672 / In any example the obvious conclusion for a family considering this option is- Can we comfortably afford it? ,and is it worthwhile if it is a hardship to budget for? And is it a necessity?
    As for "is it worth it?" from the viewpoint of the child's benefit,Well I can't comment first hand on that point as I can't speak from the benefit of having raised children.But in my opinion I truly don't think it would hamper the child developmentally by not attending such a service,However if its proven that the child enjoys the experience of going. It can only enhance their ability to socialize and develop a sense of behavioural standards within a group setting.And depending on the level of service provided, possibly introduce them to some basic learning fundamentals.
    To site a example- My brother has had his now 4 year old go thru it and currently has their apx16 month old [ that's just beginning to walk and hasn't yet began to form words] currently enrolled in a full day program [at $40 a day] and they feel its been beneficial,In that situation the provider has 6 in that age bracket in her care.
    However contrary to that a friend of mine didn't have their child in a program till she was at least 3 [when it became necessary for the stability of 2 incomes] and having spent a fair amount of time with both I'd say from my perspective they both evolved at a natural progression irregardless
    In regards to speech therapy all I can suggest is that from what I've read in relation to the subject is that around 1year is about the norm for a child's first word,In contrast to that, in conversation with others this can be as late as 20 months before any true due concern be warranted,
    Again siting my friend and my family as examples-,My friend's child started at around 1,while my niece at 16 months is just now showing a strong determination with sounds.while her brother said his first at around 13 months
    Its been said to hasten this ability its beneficial to read to them alot, along with nursery rhymes and children's songs to peak their interest.Perhaps exposing them to the snds of the alphabet may help also.
    You didn't elude to why speech therapy was suggested but I myself at around 4 went through it,In my case I had shown some difficulty pronouncing some words and it was suggested that it could help[which it did] I don't remember much about it as it was many a moons ago But I do remember practicing the alphabet sounds and slowly stringing them together to form words.The only downfall to this was that I had British teacher,which lead me to pronounce ag sounds [ie; bag,lag etc] with a notably English accent! This never was made light of by other kids,but my grade school teachers all got a kick out of it! And couple even made a few determined unsuccessful attempts to free me of it! It eventually faded away around grade 6,and I look back on it now as a comical aspect of my youth.
    Anyway I doubt that this bears relevance to your situation, but it does however suggest that perhaps the children of immigrants might experience some lag time in their punctuation abilities.
    As to your other related expenditures I can definitely sympathize as much as I can empathize with the profound concern and distress a child with medical issues will obviously bring.I sincerely hope that her problems are of a temporary nature,and she experiences no discomfort as a result of her condition,and that she can grow to appreciate and relish her old man's admiration of stereo gear!
    To those that decided to bear the long droning length of this post go my apologies,I was bored and ended up extending more time than i originally anticipated! However if in my defense I must add that it was entirely your choice to waste your time too [lol]
    Rock On,Roll Long!!


  • madmaxmadmax Posts: 12,438
    I accidentally clicked an LOL button above, don't know what it does but nothing was meant by it.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

    Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!