anyone really figure cash spent

Options
2»

Comments

• chandler9a
    chandler9a Posts: 877
    Options
    I spent a lot modding my fathers 1.2TL's over the last couple of years. Bottom line, we had a great time doing it together and listening to the improvements, and we could never find a pair of speakers that sound that good even after all the money we spent getting them to where they are now. There are still things that need to be done but man are they fun to listen to.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's a hobby, hobbies are expensive in the sense that non-hobbyist's aren't going to spend like we do. No different with car or childhood toy collectors, etc. or in my case old, vintage tubes. I've moved passed the point of buying tubes to listen to and become a "collector" more of less of certain designations.

I have spent more than ever care to tally on this hobby and have never regretted a single $$$ spent. I get full enjoyment out of it and like other hobby's or other obsessions; people on the outside might not get it.

As long as you aren't foregoing essentials to fuel this hobby, no reason to feel guilty. There are far worse things in life to be addicted to and YOLO, so enjoy. If you have to pinch pennies, then be sure you put in the time and effort to research your best bang for the buck project/purchase.

I, thankfully, don't have to pinch pennies to get the enjoyment I experience from this hobby, but I'm cheap and still want to get the best bang for the buck regardless.......lol

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Gunther16
    Gunther16 Posts: 243
    Options
    Well having just relieved myself of some $$$ for upgrades and mods I don't want to add up the costs. All I really care about is what bang I got for the buck. Was it worth it? Ohhh Yeeeeaaaah it was but I am scared to see the total. So I don't want to know! I'm happy knowing I cannot get a better speaker for that $$$$$.